What's new

Battlesmurf

Grand Master
Reaction score
Sanwa JLK GF2 AT joystick

Looking for a connector to mate to this joystick. Anybody know what type it is- or better yet- where to purchase one?

Thanks~!

@awbacon1

It depends on where you're getting it from. Different cab manufacturers used this stick. If you're buying it straight from Sanwa it will have a 12-pin female Mate 'n Lok connector on it. However, if it came from a Sega cab (Planet Harrier, Monkey Ball, Strike Fighter) it will have AMP UP connectors on it. Anyway, you can just snip the connector off and use whatever you like.

Also, remember that for most games you will need to use an analog amp board or the games will not control correctly. Not all sticks will come with one. You can buy one from Sanwa (JL-AMP-01), it was 5800 JPY some years ago. The one used in Sega games is 839-1187. Happ sells one that's adjustable, but YMMV depending on the use case, like here:

http://blog.system11.org/?page_id=141

its being used for a Night Striker PCB. It's been sitting on my workbench for awhile now as I was setting up a custom JAMMA harness and stick adapter for him. JAMMA harness is built but I didnt want to cut the wires off the stick if I could find the correct connector to mate to the stick itself

Back