What's new

TheDeath

Professional
Reaction score
I don't have that much knowledge but i'm trying to.
As far, very simple work done involving eeproms and gals (also added 74ls74 at H10). Unfortunatly i don't have any Charlie Ninja/Osman/Gonta to check deeper but i hope in your help.
Right know the game is kind working underneath, but the graphic is all messed up.
There is a Jumper section right above the 156 to figure out with the "real" board, i wasn't able to find any information about the 156 custom/cpu (are there any schematics of these boards?)
I've note down where the connections go throught, they originally match like 1+1,2+2,3+3,4+4 and i tryed to swap them around with no real luck, can someone confirm these locations are correct?
I've heard that the conversion is kind possible but figure out the hardware modifications is not easy

20200331-153123.jpg

20200331-153107.jpg

Attachments

• 20200331_155055.jpg
    20200331_155055.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 20200331_155046.jpg
    20200331_155046.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 185
Maybe this can helps further for progress with this . I'm in for any step about this ^^

Last edited:
I got yesterday a Magical Drop board from Japan (ive seen some boards who didn't have the sockets installed on it,but this have all of them) (but let's see how long it will take to get here) . What i have in hands now are the eeproms needed for this purpose .

Big thanks @TheDeath for your notes ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice Job! Looks like Joe and Mac Returns would also be do-able. Too bad Osman pcb is different. . . .

Nice Job! Looks like Joe and Mac Returns would also be do-able. Too bad Osman pcb is different. . . .
I have an Osman conversion, I think it's different, but not impossible to do.

J&M2 tends to cost a lot more than MD for what it's worth.

Would be awesome to have an Osman conversion. Do you know what the original game was? I looked at some original Osman pcb's and they have more roms on the board compared to MD and Joe and Mac, etc.

Would be awesome to have an Osman conversion. Do you know what the original game was? I looked at some original Osman pcb's and they have more roms on the board compared to MD and Joe and Mac, etc.
Are few peoples who knows how to do the conversion from Joe & Mac to Osman . The Osman can be converted on Party Time 2 : Gonta the Driver (but i didn't see never a Gonta pcb to see how it looks even - meaning this is a RARE board) and this was revealed here by @ekorz ^^

@TheDeath , Sir , i'd like to share my experience with the conversion related here... from Data East hardware with Magical Drop on it to Charlie Ninja .

1. I writed the eeproms from the "charlien.zip" and i replaced the Magical Drop roms who comes with the board with the eeproms with Charlie Ninja files . The result is bellow :

2. A very important step i've done , was to make a mod to the pin 5 from J13 (this needs to be cut between the pin and the first via) to pin 9 from H9 . The result is bellow :

3. After that, i've done these steps , i proceed with this pcb on Cannon Dancer / Osman conversion since the pcb can be used for this purpose too and in this case , all things goes 100% well !

Ps : Please, it's anyone who can explain me why what i've done it's not complete 100% ?

My donors had a bad oki and when that oki
is used , if is bad SFX wont work … anyway , @Hammy fixed for me this problem and now i have working Charlie Ninja pcb

Last edited:
Back