What's new

OldSchoolNeo

Student
Reaction score
Greetings,

I purchased a CPS3 Darksoft setup a few years back and finally got around to hooking it up in my Sega New Net City (I moved right after purchase and 'lost it' during the move).

I'm using a Namco JVS/Jamma converter in the cab that works fine with my Darksoft CPS2 setup.

However, it appears that I'm not getting power to the CD-Rom Unit. Unfortunately I don't have a multi-meter to check the voltage, but I'm guessing that's the issue. Needless to say I basically get a white garbage looking screen when powering up.

I guess my question is what would be the best route to fix this? Should I investigate getting it converted to a no CD setup? Buy a separate PSU?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reseat the cart, even without power to the CDROM you should still see the menu/checking disc screen.

Correction, I am getting power to CD rom drive. I powered off reset the cart and I'm actually getting a red/black jail bar type screen. No menu.
Photos

Well, when all else fails clean the cartridge contacts and now I'm all good to go!

Quarantine just got more bearable, this along with the CPS2 mod is absolutely AMAZING. Pure 2D fighting bliss.

Back