What's new

bdlou

Student
Reaction score
Background: I bought my multi in 2015, and it is running the original firmware with the original set of ROMs from when it released. It arrived right after our son was born. I'd made a support post because I was encountering some problems with sound. Upon troubleshooting I broke some pins. Then, life got in the way.

So, here we are 5 years later and I find myself with some time on my hands due to the current world situation. So, I've desoldered the broken pins and removed them, then added headers and run quick connect wires from them down to the appropriate socket pins. When I load a game, the game is running at what I would describe as a single frame per second. When it eventually gets to a point where music plays (Q-Sound intro) the music plays at the appropriate speed and sounds great. I don't know the history of the donor board, as it was suicided when I got it. The graphics all appear fine when they eventually display. Has anyone run in to anything like this, or have any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting? Thanks in advance!

Do you have pictures of your install and the broken pins?
Sorry I didn't respond. Life got back in the way. :-/ It was clearly my work that was the issue. Mitsurugi was kind enough to send me pins. 10 minutes of de-soldering and soldering and I'm up and running!

Back