What's new

Frikade

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a problem with this killer instinct board which does not start, the board is a conversion kit which has an interface that converts killer instinct 1 to killer instinct 2, the interface burned a capacitor which was replaced by another one. capacity (10mf at 16v) but the problem persisted, also replace the chip alters EPM-7032 with a totally new one but without information and the problem persists and my question is.
Does anyone know who can burn this type of chip with the necessary information?

Attachments

• altera emp 7032.jpg
    altera emp 7032.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG-20200329-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200329-WA0003.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 253
Well that burned interface board is clearly a problem but you could convert it back to Killer Instinct just to make sure the rest of the board is OK. Whatever blew that thing might have blown other stuff too.

sadly I don’t think that chip’s code is dumped, so you may be stuck using it for KI1 or hunting down a replacement anyway.

did you buy this PCB in this condition, or was it working and then one day burned up the cap?

caps don't just burn up like that, that's usually an indication that power was hooked up wrong to the PCB and the cap just happened to be the weak point and lots of other unseen damage could have been caused.

Forget commenting that pcb works well as killer Instinct 1. The owner of this board mistakenly added the full voltage of his power supply and for that reason he got burned, I want to repair this small conversion interface, for that reason I ask if anyone knows who burns these chips with the information that they must bring

I ask if anyone knows who burns these chips with the information that they must bring
to my knowledge. nobody burns those chips.
May be an obsolete CPLD model (I hope not).

https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...u-processor-for-the-killer-instinct-pcb.9547/ This thread also has some juicy Killer Instinct related info. Because Killer Instinct 1 and 2 pcbs use different IDE controllers, Midway simply made use of a CPLD and changing boot program info to make Killer Instinct 2 storage data compatible with the KI1 IDE controller. As a result, the storage image for KI2 didn't need to be changed.

May be an obsolete CPLD model (I hope not).
The problem isn't that the chip is obsolete, more-so I believe that the code hasn't been dumped.

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…-the-killer-instinct-pcb/ This thread also has some juicy Killer Instinct related info. Because Killer Instinct 1 and 2 pcbs use different IDE controllers, Midway simply made use of a CPLD and changing boot program info to make Killer Instinct 2 storage data compatible with the KI1 IDE controller. As a result, the storage image for KI2 didn't need to be changed.
I remember hearing people talk about that but I didn't think anyone had actually accomplished it yet. That thread is mostly talking about replacement CPUs and cooling fans though, I don't see anything related to the CPLD. I believe that was a different thread... but again AFAIK no one had done it successfully yet it was only a hypothetical.

Back