What's new
I also have the Jammafier + tri sync helper connected on the standard VGA input on the chassis, works great indeed!

before that I had my own custom harness with 220ohm resistors and never had to swap the connection on the chassis.

so I think the try sync helper is a great idea, or hack your RS harness and add 220ohm resistors inline with the RGB lines for a ‘cheap/quick’ hack ;)

Never needed to swap the connectors since VGA has worked with everything.
When using the Namco JVS to Jamma, the picture a little blurry and dull, but I improved the picture when I got the into the extra settings on the remote board.

Got to test @invzim jammafier with the tri-sync helper and it looked fucking awesome! Insane picture quality in 15KHz!

Until he has it in stock, I am using a RS jammafier v. 2.03. Works great and picture looks much better than the Namco one, but @invzim makes the Rolls Royce of jammafiers. Hoping he gets it in stock soon....

I also have the Jammafier + tri sync helper connected on the standard VGA input on the chassis, works great indeed!

before that I had my own custom harness with 220ohm resistors and never had to swap the connection on the chassis.

so I think the try sync helper is a great idea, or hack your RS harness and add 220ohm resistors inline with the RGB lines for a ‘cheap/quick’ hack ;)
Never needed to swap the connectors since VGA has worked with everything.
When using the Namco JVS to Jamma, the picture a little blurry and dull, but I improved the picture when I got the into the extra settings on the remote board.

Got to test @invzim jammafier with the tri-sync helper and it looked fucking awesome! Insane picture quality in 15KHz!

Until he has it in stock, I am using a RS jammafier v. 2.03. Works great and picture looks much better than the Namco one, but @invzim makes the Rolls Royce of jammafiers. Hoping he gets it in stock soon....
Thanks both. It sounds like the Tri-sync helper is the way to go. This arcade adventure has been such a journey. Buddy - it sounds like you have always used some form of device to get the JAMMA signals attenuated - i think where my situation differs is the JAMMA signals are coming raw off the loom to the VGA connector. Going through the 3v connector now might account for the screen being dull... Not sure.

Thanks

Yup. Could be.
Would still recommend a jammafier so you can easily swap to JVS systems when you need to. Because you will eventually get all JVS systems in your collection :D
A Taito Type X2 with a multigame is recommended and Naomi has a lot of great games in it’s library. 31KHz looks sexy as hell in a NNC!

Thanks Buddy- those are the kind of words that put ideas in someone's head. ALL the JVS systems you say?... Now there's a thought :)

I am probably more JAMMA inclined, but given i have three cabinets now (NNC, Vewlix and a Galaxy (Japanese third party, designed like a Noir) ), one might be a future candidate for JVS).

Thanks

I also used to be JAMMA exclusive, but suddenly a lot of JVS stuff started to arrive in the mail...

I also used to be JAMMA exclusive, but suddenly a lot of JVS stuff started to arrive in the mail...
Accidentally? It happens. I had to explain that to my wife. A phenomenon akin to any natural unexplained event. Totally outside our control :)

Make her play with you and you’ll have no issues :D
Got my wife hooked on Mushihimesama. She’s rocking maniac mode like a boss!

F65AB3CE-C4F5-4B92-A2D5-225634EBD746.jpeg

Make her play with you and you’ll have no issues :D
Got my wife hooked on Mushihimesama. She’s rocking maniac mode like a boss!

F65AB3CE-C4F5-4B92-A2D5-225634EBD746.jpeg
All wives are bosses! I found that out very soon after marriage :) looks like that picture captures all your life's loves in one image. I am jealous of how good the screen looks too.

Yup. She’s awesome!
The screen looks soooooooo much better in real life!
Get a jammafier and tri-sync helper from @invzim. You won’t regret it!

exactly! the TTX2 is great, love the picture in my NNC and also Namco System 256 with Tekken 5DR looks sweet :D

Noooooooooooo! I blame all of you for what has transpired. I accidentally bought another NNC yesterday! A serious of unfortunate events, their genesis in all of you making me think about different NNC configurations. It has not yet arrived, so perhaps there may be more trouble ahead, but whilst there arcade, love and romance, I'll face it. Before all of that, there is another groveling apology needed to my wife and an explanation as to why her dream piano room is further away than ever before (largely on account of the room looking more 1990s Arcade Machine than 1790s Amadeus Mozart). Thanks, thanks a lot :)

Love it! Everybody needs 1 NNC for hori and 1 NNC for tate :thumbsup:

Love it! Everybody needs 1 NNC for hori and 1 NNC for tate :thumbsup:
WLove it! Everybody needs 1 NNC for hori and 1 NNC for tate :thumbsup:
Wait, by my calculations, that is four!! Tate and horizontal for JAMMA and the same for JVS! Nooooooooooo. *now logging back into the auction site*. Next you will be telling me i need 'spares'. :)

Wait, by my calculations, that is four!! Tate and horizontal for JAMMA and the same for JVS! Nooooooooooo. *now logging back into the auction site*. Next you will be telling me i need 'spares'. :)
If it makes you feel any better, I have 1 Astro City and 1 NNC On the way from Japan...
Along with 1 extra Astro, 3 extra NNC and 4 Vewlix that I am going to fix up for a arcade bar... Could call them spares :)

You are all a bad influence on me. Like the gang my mother warned me not to hang out at school.

Buddy - it does not make me feel better. It draws me further into this wonderful world. I feel like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. The difference being she never had a spouse telling her that the structural integrity of the house of cards was contingent on her cake/arcade machine not being eaten, but thrown out instead. That said, by my rudimentary calculations, you have ten machines. This is a good benchmark and one i will be using in my defense. And i would argue that at 10 machines, this is not an 'arcade bar', but an actual 'arcade'. I know we have twisted the terminology to imply normality. A bar sounds casual and normal - who doesn't have a small mini bar - an arcade sounds like we are crazy. We are, but that's not the point :)

You are all a bad influence on me. Like the gang my mother warned me not to hang out at school.
Hihi! I aim to please! :thumbsup:

In my defense... I have 3 machines. 1 Astro. 1 NNC and a cocktail table.
“Just” 2 of the new cabs on it’s way from Japan will be mine to own. Where to I put them? Fuck if I know....
The rest will be owned by a business, but personally I don’t have the room for more than 2 cabs.
Putting them in my 3 year olds room would look cool, but my wife would not agree :D

Back