What's new

JohnnyJedi

Beginner
Reaction score
I am doing my first DIY full size arcade cabinet for the first time in my life. We are on a 30 day lock down where I live you know why
badmood.gif
soapbox2.gif
;;;;;; so I haven't been able to finish it yet but already started playing games on it,
laugh.gif
here are some picks of what I've done so far;;

3/4 MDF Panels used, I hate the dust and could've gotten away with 5/8 to minimize on weight, those things are heavy...

my first cut
Done side panels
my first assembly, side panels, bottom and top panel... notice that i changed the side panel on top, the first cut looked too bulky when started assembly so i just made a straight cut on top..
here mounted back panel, bottom marquee panel and the keyboard/mouse pull drawer... also made the t-molding groove..
control panel cut..
control panel & bottom front door assembly.
mounted the 27" monitor, that thing took me all day to get it right...
banghead.gif

working on the monitor Bezel...
mounted the Monitor Bezel..
This monster needs power, here is the electrical / tools parts used.
Electricity building process picks..

Finally done with the power to it.
Now to work on the control panel....
of course a coat of flat black paint as base to it and setting up to make the holes.
this one is missing 1 hole in the middle I later did it,,
shocked.gif

and it works
lol.gif

now this thing needs a pc, doing a whole full blown out Mame Arcade Machine with all the consoles as well..
laught16.gif

Since I had recently upgrading my gaming rig from a I5 6600k to a Ryzen 9 build about 2 or 3 months back I had most of the parts needed for the pc build... here are the picks..
my 10 year old built (assembled) 95% of it.. i only mounted the cpu with the water pump... and of course the programming is me...

got some base paint on till I finish working on the artwork for it..
and here is where I stand right now.. thinking about just painting it all Flat Black and install the T-Molding till I can finish all the artwork then have it print and install it.. so this is not finished yet..

Running LB/BB on it...

Any thoughts & comments welcome..
dizzy.gif
drinking08.gif

Looks great and a fun project for you and your son!

I think colored T molding might give it a spark, for when you get the side art. All black is a good choice though, and I respect it if you like it.

The only other thing would be the power cable in the back. I'd always make it disconnect-able, in case you need to change it out.

Great work man, thanks for posting!

tnx. I have the T-molding in Red, Blue & Orage for it.. just havent put it until I get the artwork done.. but I may just put it now to see how it looks.. thing is i will have to remove it and install it again when Im done with the artwork...

I don't think the power cable would be an issue, for me its gonna stay there forever lol.. or its ez to remove it anyways..

ok, I think I finally finished creating all my artwork for the cabinet, took me a while since I had to learn how to do everything from scratch, including learning each of the programs I used (PS, Solidworks, etc...)

Here are the snap shots on how my cabinet will look once I get them printed and here.. Snap shots are from within the solidworks program thus a bit blurry sorry about that.

Here is the front View moving to see the control panel better....

uLLiY9Th.png

Here is the front side, rotation to the left side view...

VWf1aOmh.jpg

Here is the front side (again), rotation to the right side view... btw (from our perspective are the sides)..

7ILWylwh.jpg

Now to wait until the print-shops down here open again since we been on a lock down quarantine since the beginning of March so i can have them print and install them.. after that the T-molding and done... hha...

Looks good but I'd recommend checking the angle of your control panel again. In my experience the angle hurts your wrists after 30 minutes of play. My Dynamo cabinet has a angle to it and I can't play in that thing seriously unless I'm eye level with the screen sitting on a stool.

Probably why candy cabinets mostly all have perfectly vertical CPs.

tnx for the advise, so far so good, no issues with the angle but if anything i could adjusted down its not much of an ange (7 or 8 degrees i think)... and I have a 11 year old also and he is doing fine since for the moment he is below eye level with the monitor..

Looks good but I'd recommend checking the angle of your control panel again. In my experience the angle hurts your wrists after 30 minutes of play. My Dynamo cabinet has a angle to it and I can't play in that thing seriously unless I'm eye level with the screen sitting on a stool.

I also think the angle looks way off in the render, but I disagree with @Kavas, perfectly vertical CP like Taito cocktail cabs are awful, I prefer the totally horizontal ones.

t1zwwlzbuvgz.jpg

I also think the angle looks way off in the render, but I disagree with @Kavas, perfectly vertical CP like Taito cocktail cabs are awful, I prefer the totally horizontal ones.
t1zwwlzbuvgz.jpg
LOL

I meant horizontal. FLAT. Why would you play with a vertical CP? :P :thumbsup:

its really not as bad as it looks, besides, I don't rest my palm/wrist on the CP.. i kinda keep it straight, no force applied to it.. but if it starts to hurt I will know I have to fix it, which is an easy fix.. you can look at the picture with the bezel mount on top and see is not that bad.. It really is only 1 inch to have it leveled if I want to, don't know if you can appreciate it on these...

CHPtXTsh.jpg

qmLfyQxh.jpg

7c4pKJTh.jpg

Back