What's new

ccatalyst

Student
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, i am posting this hoping someone out there has actually made this work, i have an original Darius burst cs ex unlock B, with original ttx2 system and fast i/o's inside, the whole original game cab and it works great, but everything is in the native Japanese language, I am trying to get either the export or english version of CSEX 1.16 which is downloadable pretty much everywhere out there, to work on this original cab, i can successfully clone the drive and set the drive parameters so i can copy the original game hd to another drive , and have done that successfully. And tested booting up with the clone drive and it worked perfectly, I then took the clone drive and tried everything you can think of to get any of the cs ex 1.1.6 versions out there to run on it's original ttx2 system, but alas nothing i have tried works.

Now i know that every version of dariusburst cs ex out there is set to run on a standard pc not a ttx2 original system.

So far this is what i have tried
i have deleted everything in the TypeXsys in the c: partition of the drive and replaced it with the export version which has the .img file in the data directory already extracted, then i copied game.exe to launcher.exe and rebooted the game.
It runs the test of the day and then shows me a black screen with credits on the bottom, i can credit it using the service button, but nothing else comes up.

I noticed that the 1.16 versions out there all have an init.ini file in the root, i have copied those setups and made sure that txxappcrpt is enabled and that the txac.key is in the root, have compared all the taxac.keys for darius out there , all are the same, when i booted those versions they did nothing but reboot. And and i also tried with the ttxappcrypt disabled, it did not matter.

i noticed some other versions had dlsound.dll - 8k and idmacdrv32.dll - 54k in the root, i tried those versions, it did nothing would just boot up to a blank blue screen and not go any further

tried several versions of dlsound and idmacdrv32, i found at least 3 versions out there of each of those files, every version would just hang, or reboot, or get me to the credit screen and then hang, but no further.

tried nikos ttx multi with everything above, they would not run, just go back to the main ttxmulti menu.

oh and i have copied everything in the d: partiion that belongs to game into it's proper directory locations in the root of d: and also tried coping them to the typexsys directory under \sv , that also did not make a difference but i thought i would mention it just in case.

If anyone has any ideas or has done this, if you can please give me a direction or point out what i may be missing, thank you all in advance .

Last edited:
I had no idea there was an export version of EX. I'm currently running vanilla, so definitely interested in this if you get it going.

Unfortunately, mMy cab is packed away in storage. I won't get to it in a while.

I asked around and there isn't a full on English version of EX. Basically if you set the language flag to English in the .ini, the game becomes this jumbled mess of Japanese and English. I'm pretty sure the menus are still in Japanese.

Have you played the game on a PC?

Back