What's new

tronbaby

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a Taito USB I/O (K91X1097C) I wanted to use with my TTX2 but one of the buttons isnt working when it's connected.
I think it's one of the kick buttons.
Does anyone know how I might go about repairing it. It cost me £180 so I dont want to scrap it.

Thanks

Just to clearify that is NOT a USB I/O, that is a JVS I/O.

To verify the issue is with the I/O board, you will want to verify continuity between the respective pin in the 60pin connector and the button. You can use something like a multimeter for this.

Yes, sorry, I had a brain freeze moment, I meant JVS I/O. I've updated the post title. I am now using a Sega I/O with Vewlix adaptor from Arthrimus so I know the issue is the board and not the button, cable or connector.
Thanks

Ok good to know.

Which game(s) were you testing with? There is a bug in the Taito JVS I/O and it reports only supporting 5 buttons per player and not 6. So it could be related to that.

Ah, I'll plug it back, try a few games and report back. Thanks for the help Niko

Unfortunately, I'm not getting anything now :(
It powers up, I get red LED1 lit up on the IO, but then nothing works in the TTX2 multi setup Niko - stick and buttons not working.
Oh well, it must be properly fried.

Make sure the 60pin harness is fully seated in the connector.

If you're getting to the multi menu, then that means the menu is at least able to communicate with the I/O board.

Hi Niko, I tried a few more times, disconnecting and connecting and I get nothing in your multi.
So I plugged in a Tatsunoko vs Capcom game instead and looked in the Test mode at the inputs. It was working in that with the exception of button 4 (kick 1), which seems to be permanetly 'on'.
So I'm not sure if your multi doesnt like it if a button is constantly pressed when it boots up?
Anyway, so at least I know what's wrong with the I/O board now, but no idea if that's fixable?

Yea that button being stuck would potentially cause problems.

I hate to say it but I've seen this issue before, when I "over-volted" a Sega Rev B I/O and button 6 was permanently stuck on.

Its probably fixable, but beyond what I can do :/

No problem, thanks for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated!

Back