Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
S16_OLED.jpg
I'm very happy and excited to introduce the S16 Multi OLED based game selector device.

To view the origins and creation of this device, see here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...ega-system-16-multi-lcd-games-selector.12373/

Features:
  • Powered by an Atmega328.
  • 128x32 pixel OLED screen (white or blue display pending availability).
  • Extremely low power consumption (under 7mA with all accessories installed).
  • IR (infrared) remote control support. Program any IR remote of your choosing.
  • Optional wired remote board interconnected via a USB-C to USB-C cable.
  • Beautiful bitmap based artwork created by members of this community.
  • ISP programming header which enables firmware updates via a USB ASP programmer.
  • Installs directly to the S16 multi PCB. Easy solder-less install, plug n play.
  • Recalls the last game you played and loads this game upon power on.
  • Attract Mode.
*** ALL PRICING QUOTED IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS ***

*** PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL AS GIFT / FRIEND PAYMENT IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS ***
Shipping rates will be quoted on an individual basis at time of purchase.

Complimentary units which will be dispatched soon:
  1. @Mitsurugi-w - SHIPPED
  2. @opt2not - SHIPPED
  3. @Apocalypse - SHIPPING WITH NEXT BATCH (WITH S16 ADAPTER AND SNES)
  4. @nem - SHIPPING WITH NEXT BATCH
  5. @jassin000 - SHIPPING WITH NEXT BATCH
  6. @twistedsymphony - REMOTE BOARD & USB C CONNECTOR - SHIPPING WITH NEXT BATCH
  7. @Sp33dFr34k - USB & IR REMOTE
Current orders:
  1. @Derick2k - PAID - SHIPPED
  2. @beast1x5 - PAID - SHIPPED
  3. @mastercello - PAID - SHIPPED
  4. @xodaraP - PAID - SHIPPED
  5. @oneleaf86 - PAID - SHIPPED
  6. @ekorz - PAID - MAIN UNIT ONLY - SHIPPED
  7. @glstar - x2 - PAID - SHIPPED
  8. @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES - x2 - PAID - SHIPPED
  9. @djsheep - PAID - SHIPPED
  10. @Smurph - PAID - SHIPPED
  11. @psykom1 - PAID - MAIN UNIT ONLY - SHIPPED
  12. @twistedsymphony - PAID - MAIN UNIT ONLY (W/S16 JAMMA ADAPTER) - SHIPPED
  13. @Sp33dFr34k - PAID - SHIPPED
  14. @-Ace- - PAID - SHIPPED
  15. @ShootTheCore - PAID - MAIN UNIT ONLY - SHIPPED
  16. @KalessinDB - PAID - SHIPPED
  17. @mncmt - PAID - SHIPPED
  18. @LHantz - PAID - SHIPPED
  19. @kuze - PAID - SHIPPED
  20. @archimage - PAID - SHIPPED
  21. @Rg111 - PAID - SHIPPED
  22. @sk8er000 - PAID - SHIPPED
  23. @Smurph - PAID - (SECOND UNIT) SHIPPED
  24. @tom5151 - PAID - SHIPPED
  25. @nonosto - PAID - (W/S16 JAMMA ADAPTER, & IR REMOTE) - SHIPPED
  26. @AlxUnderBase - PAID - (W/GAME PCB, S16 JAMMA ADAPTER) - SHIPPED
  27. @glstar - (ADDITIONAL UNIT) - PAID - SHIPPED
  28. @Escarioth - PAID - SHIPPED
  29. @ThisGuy - PROCESSING - PAID
  30. @mathewbeall - PROCESSING - PAID
  31. @funkycochise - PROCESSING - PAID
  32. @8bitforlife - PROCESSING - PAID
  33. @brentradio - PROCESSING - PAID
  34. @SiQux
  35. @rtw
  36. @Sabin - PROCESSING
  37. @chacal231077 - PROCESSING
  38. @Nodoyuna - PROCESSING
  39. @GeekMan1222 - PROCESSING
  40. @RandomRetro - PROCESSING
  41. @chrisapple - PROCESSING
  42. @r-type - PROCESSING
  43. @Battlesmurf - PROCESSING
  44. @TravistyOJ - PROCESSING
  45. @MoppelTheWhale - PROCESSING
  46. @StalkS - PROCESSING
  47. @LemmyBarnett - PROCESSING
  48. @theoddtech
  49. @mugen_ketsueki
  50. @Mizo

Last edited:
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
  • SET all dips of the S16 multi dipswitch to OFF.
  • Connect the 3 PIN JST XH CONNECTOR / 3 PIN DUPONT CONNECTOR of the included wiring harness to the main PCB of the S16 OLED games selector. Take note of the pinout (illustrated below) and ensure this matches the CN5 pinout of the SYSTEM-16 motherboard.
  • Connect the 4 pin DuPont housing to CN5. Take note of the pinout and ensure this matches the pinout of the S16 OLED games selector.
  • Dock the S16 OLED games selector PCB to the 10 way (5x2) dipswitch header.
  • If utilizing the separate wired remote PCB, interconnect this to the main S16 OLED games selector PCB via a USB-C to USB-C cable.
  • Ensure all connections are made prior to applying power.
DEVICE INFO:

S16_OLED_MAIN_UNIT_TOP.jpg
CN5_location.jpg
IMG_20200416_213545.jpg
  • SCROLL UP - Navigate / increment the games list.
  • SCROLL DOWN - Navigate / decrement the games list.
  • LOAD SELECTED GAME - Load the selected game.
RUN ATTRACT MODE:
This feature loads a game, allows it to run for 30 seconds, then proceeds to load the next game in the list. It begins with game 1, Excite League, and continuously loops through all games. To enable this feature simply scroll to the RUN ATTRACT MODE entry in the games list and use the LOAD SELECTED GAME button to commence the attract mode. To EXIT press the LOAD SELECTED GAME button at any point of the attract mode sequence.

PROGRAM IR REMOTE:
Allows you to program any IR (infrared) remote control and operate the unit wirelessly. Follow the instruction prompts displayed on the OLED screen to pair an IR remote.

UPDATING FIRMWARE GUIDE:
Zadig is a small piece of software that will correctly and easily configure the USB driver for the USBASP programmer. Without correct driver installation the USBASP programmer will not be recognizable by programming software such as eXtreme Burner - ASP.

zadig.png
  • Download the HEX file you wish to flash to the S16 OLED selector. These can be found in the Files section of this forum post.
  • Connect the 10 PIN to 6 PIN adapter to your S16 OLED selector, pay attention to the pinout and ensure correct orientation. The other end of the 10 PIN ribbon cable connects to your USBASP programmer.
  • Connect your USBASP programmer to your computer's USB port.
  • Open the eXtremeBurner - ASP software.
  • Click the Chip[/sup] top menu entry and select [sup]ATmega328P.
  • Click on the Open icon and load the HEX file.eXtremeBurner-OPEN.png
  • Click on the Fuse Bits/Settings[/sup] tab and enter a [sup]Low Fuse[/sup] value of [sup]E2[/sup]. Don't forget to tick the [sup]Write checkbox.
    eXtremeBurner-FUSE.png
  • Click the Write All icon and wait for it to successfully program.eXtremeBurner-WRITE_ALL.png

Attachments

• S16_OLED_MAIN_UNIT_BOTTOM.jpg
    S16_OLED_MAIN_UNIT_BOTTOM.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 388
  • S16_OLED_V2.0.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Add me to the list please.

Read through the post and I see you are not taking orders.

Does anyone want one whom doesn't want nor need the wired remote board? I ask as I have enough parts to make 5 more barring the USB C connectors, which means I can produce 5 more main units minus the USB C connectors and therefore no ability to interconnect to the wired remote board.

First batch is nearly finalised and will be shipped tomorrow prior to the Easter public holidays.

92353102_10220002461624902_5271031835588034560_n.jpg

Are they available? in interested in one, no need a remote

Frank, so the remote board also has an OLED display and is only $15 more, or is it an additional $65? If it's additional, than I'll take one now without the remote board, if it's only $15 more, I'll wait for it!

I have no need for a wired remote board. I'll take one if available.

To clarify, the main unit which docks to the S16 multi PCB and is fully functional as a standalone unit is $50 AU. This is mandatory as it's the brains of the device (doesn't look like much as there are components soldered out of view beneath the screen. This unit has onboard tactile buttons for operation and additionally can be controlled wirelessly via an OSSC remote.

The $65 includes the above described main PCB in addition to a wired remote board with additional OLED screen and tactile buttons. Idea being if you want to be able to view and control the device from a distance, useful if you want to mount your System 16 board inside a cab that doesn't allow for easy access to it. You can run the wired remote board to wherever you need it, perhaps sitting on top of your arcade machine's control panel for example.

So yeah, it's $15 more for the remote board. $65 total for both devices.

For infrared remote control you need to own or purchase an OSSC remote.

I am not supplying USB C to USB C cables so you also need to supply this yourself if you wish to use the wired remote board.

Got it, thank you. I have no idea if I need a remote board, but as cool as it is for only $15, might as well wait for it!

I don’t need the wired remote board, I have easy access at all times and/or could use a wireless remote.

Please add me to the wait list.

EDIT: Um, duh. Misread the earlier post and see it is the same order as the multi list. Not the SAME WAY as the multi list. Meaning, ask to be added to the list.

Last edited:
I'm working down the multi list, in that order.

Big box of Digi-Key parts arrived today so I'm set for components for a while. PCBs are fabricated just awaiting despatch via DHL express so won't take long once they've shipped. Ordered 50 PCBs.

Need to order more OLED screens, which I'll do next pay day.

Hey Frank will these be available for some-time ? I dont think I will be getting my multi for a while so no point leaving the selector here gathering dust until then.
If you are going to do a batch then move onto other projects however, I will grab one :)

The main hurdles have been jumped. Design is sorted and solid, as is the code.

Majority of parts are ex Digi-Key for a few reasons, quality name brand components and efficient delivery. I'm reasonably stocked up now.

PCBs have been bulk ordered so I'm good there.

The only snags are the wiring harnesses and mounting hardware (standoffs, screws, washers). I've got a small amount of stock on hand but bulk ordering from China (it's just too expensive elsewhere) has proven troublesome. I have orders from early March that still haven't arrived and tracking shows the parcel travelling all over but never leaving China, returned to sender or just no movement at all. The mounting hardware I can source locally for greater cost and fingers crossed I think I've found a reasonably priced and reliable source of the wiring harnesses.

The OLEDs I source ex Amazon as they are high quality and usually shipped fast with my prime membership, however these days even Amazon deliveries have gone from two days to two weeks.

Cheers @Frank_fjs , if you want, of course, i can help you with distribution for all the kits to all EU customers. the shipping cost for them are around 7-8$ from Romania to any country from EU. At least , when i shipped a Framemeister to Spain that was the shipping cost. Another times i send different stuff to Poland or UK or Finland or China (but in China i send a MV1C) . Another time i send to US a WASP Custom on the same price . Seems the small packages have this price here on Romanian Post (7-8 US $)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back