What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want one of these for the other multis! Dumb reall, because they will be sat under the control panel of the NAC or Blast they land in.

The CPS2 would be haaaaard work though. Hopefully this is what the CPS1 and S18 selectors will be from the beginning.

S18 will definately have an OLED games selector, Apocalypse and I are working on it together so it will be neatly integrated with no wiring or soldering necessary.

CPS1 I have a feeling the people developing that have something very special for us.

am interested in one of the displays too but I am way down the list for the s16 multi, so no hurry there :)

Just messing around, hastily whipped it up in FreeCAD. Needs some work but the idea is there.
94518788_10220196967967439_3625126107776286720_n.jpg

Pumping them out as quick as I can. I think I'll look at having most of the SMD components machine soldered from the PCB fabricator next lot, will save a ton of time.

It's becoming increasingly difficult obtaining steady supply of parts, I have 3 separate orders of the OLED screens, one of them will land late next week. I've cleaned out the place I was ordering them from so will have to look elsewhere.

Found a steady supply of the wiring harnesses which is good.

I'll hit a few people up next week to despatch out more orders...

94366521_10220208805463369_2978908781573832704_n.jpg

Is there a list someplace outside of this thread? I had thought I got on one for one for these, but now I am not sure . . .

For the people who hopefully will be receiving their units soon, be mindful of when you connect the wiring harness. There are details in the opening posts of this thread however if you're at all uncertain please ask for assistance.

I've had to alter the design slightly to accommodate parts supply. Some of the first units shipped with a JST XH 3 pin connector whereas later units (and all units from now on) ship with a 3 pin DuPont style male header pin.

The selector unit has 3 signals on the aforementioned connector, VCC (+5V), GND (ground) and RST (reset). These need to marry up with CN5 of the S16 main motherboard. If you look at CN5 with the jamma finger closest to you, it's the bottom left pins of CN5 we are concerned with.

RST (fourth pin up from bottom left)
NC (not connected, third pin up)
GND (second pin up)
VCC (first pin beginning bottom left)

IMG_20200507_120350.jpg

Match the signals accordingly to the OLED selector.

Regarding parts supply, I have found an alternate source for the OLED screens. They ship locally and don't cost much more, but they are a white OLED as opposed to blue. I've placed a small sample test order to verify and if it works out I may need to ship some units with the white screens, which look great regardless.

NEW FEATURE ALERT:

ATTRACT MODE!

How it works and what it does...

Press & hold down either the SCROLL UP or SCROLL DOWN tactile button upon power up to invoke.

This begins the attract mode cycle beginning with game 1. Game 1 is loaded, allowed to run for 30 seconds, then game 2 is loaded and so on until it reaches the end of the game list being game 32. At this point it simply loops back around to the beginning, that being game 1.

Whilst in attract mode, press the red LOAD GAME tactile button to halt the attract mode and leave whatever game is currently running, running. The SCROLL UP and SCROLL DOWN buttons are disabled during attract mode.

@oneleaf86 received his S16 OLED game selector device the other day and forwarded this idea on to me.

Last edited:
I've started to include instructions on flashing firmware in the second post of this thread.

If you're interested in firmware updates buy yourself a USBASP programmer alongside a 10pin to 6pin adapter. They're pretty cheap and can be found on Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, electronics stores etc.

I've found the ones as pictured below, with the horizontal facing 10pin ribbon cable connector to be the best.
download.jpeg

The image below depicts the other main version of the programmer, with a vertical orientated connector, but I've had two of these inexplicably die on me so don't recommend them. The image below also shows the required 10pin to 6pin adapter.
download (1).jpeg

With this programmer you can easily update the firmware.

You can also flash an auxiliary program I will make available to read and display infrared remote control codes to the OLED screen of your S16 selector. From here you can send me the codes and I will write a custom firmware for you to upload. This allows you to utilise any infrared remote control of your choosing.

Awesome, maybe these would be a great addition to the selector? If you buy in bulk and add them to the base price to save on individual shipping?

The problem these days is China is the best place to bulk order such items and shipping ex China means it either never arrives or takes 10 years to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back