What's new
It may have been in the same cab, but there's no SCSI connection on it so it was never connected to a CPS3 system :)

Pretty cool it has BNC ports on it. It's absolutely enormous.

Prob was used to record live captures directly to DVD, my best guess.

Its just a dvd player form back in the day, when they used to be fancy :D

Here is the english manual for the similar unit.

http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/9/983156bb-6aff-42ba-a15f-8cabbfe04da1.pdf
BTW - this is the way all manufacturers should be made to include manuals with their devices, not the "jut plug it in and turn it on cause you are too stupid manuals" Like real detailed technical manuals.

Last edited:
Prob was used to record live captures directly to DVD, my best guess.
That's what I was thinking too, a special DVD recorder that could directly capture 15khz video.
Only problem with that theory is I can't find the (RGBs) inputs in any of the pictures... The back side is only labeled with "outs".

It's not a recorder and the connections are all outputs except sync. Even though the connectors are BNC it's component not RGB lol

Even though the connectors are BNC it's component not RGB lol
Interestingly enough... My 14L5 PVM labeled its back panel "component in" but it would also accept RGBs-in on the same connector(s).
But yea I think you are right about that device, it appears to ONLY be a player (not a recorder).

It says CPS-III "included" or "attached" system. It says operation is confirmed but not exactly what operation they performed. That is a weird one! Could it be an all in one CPS-III? Sort of like a FamiTwin?

Even though the connectors are BNC it's component not RGB lol
Interestingly enough... My 14L5 PVM labeled its back panel "component in" but it would also accept RGBs-in on the same connector(s).But yea I think you are right about that device, it appears to ONLY be a player (not a recorder).
My PVM has "RGB/YUV In" and a switch on the front to change input colour space.

Also has a 16:9 switch in spite of being a 4:3 monitor that I assume squashes 16:9 into the 4:3 space.

It says CPS-III "included" or "attached" system. It says operation is confirmed but not exactly what operation they performed. That is a weird one! Could it be an all in one CPS-III? Sort of like a FamiTwin?
Operation confirmed means it works as a DVD player and probably played a disc ok when they put it in :P

Operation confirmed means it works as a DVD player and probably played a disc ok when they put it in :P
Haha, how true. At least they checked and did not just call it "junk" I suppose ;)

Back