What's new

Chocozoka

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I've juste receive de Darksoft Taito F3 this morning (March2020 batch) the board is awesome, what a great job !

But I'm having some trouble getting my F3 Darksoft kit working.

My EUR Motherboard is tested working ok with a EUR cart or a JAP cart.

I'm using a brand new 16GB SanDisk micro SD and I've tried two different SD cards (the second microSD is a 32GB SanDisk). Format via a Mac or a Pc Win10 same result.

When I switch on my cab, for the first time Gekiridan was selected on the SD and the screen was not clear (the game didn't work). Ok no matter I said. I wanted to select an other game and now I have a problem.

I restart my cab, I can scroll through the games (I have tested F3 Roll-Up Pack and Pure Mame Pack) list on the LCD and it will write to flash and it then tells me the game is loaded, the mini LED on the pcb are green but nothing is showing on the monitor, just showing like there is no cart installed on the motherboard. The screen blinks with no image and nothing...

Before writing here, I've search here in order to understand what's wrong, I saw this topic : Optional Reset Wire, I have tested with the firmware on the SD but i don't have the wire to make it.

May I have to change with an other SD Card ? Which one ?

I have no new idea in order to rum well this fantastic item.

Please can someone help me to find a solution ? Do you need a photo of the serial number of my Taito MB ? Darksoft F3 ?

Thank for you help ?(

Can you post a picture or link to your microSD?

Is possible that you have selected the wrong pack. When everything is right, you have one folder called games and inside of it one folder per game. Each game has several files ALL with the same name and only the extension changes from .01 to .14
There should be also a filed called NAME which is the name displayed in the LCD.

I've tested these 2 packs : F3 Pure MAME Roll-Up 2019-07-18.7z and F3 Roll-Up 2019-07-18.7z

Folder games on the SD root and several folders for each games into as your explanation.

Ok for the file called NAME into each folder. And in each NAME File (lower case games name for Mame and uppercase for the other). Everything seems to be ok on the files.

By the way, on each restart, does it normal that gekiridan is the running game which is display on the LCD Screen ?

I post a photo of my brand new SD (same specs for the second 32GB).

Thank for your help

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-04-08 à 12.50.33.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-04-08 à 12.50.33.png
    808.4 KB · Views: 167
By the way, on each restart, does it normal that gekiridan is the running game which is display on the LCD Screen ?
No, it's not normal and that means that no game is being written to the cart.
That microSD that you have is good as well. Are you using a PC or a MAC?

Both PC and Mac.

When I click for loading the game, the mini green led is on and the SD is detected.

Yes it does.

All done
Have fun !

After the loading.

Oh I rectify something, when I laod a game, it's writing (still nothing on the screen), after when I restart my cab, the same game is charged. So the flash seems to work.

Last edited:
that's very weird. Can you show the directory of one of the games that you're trying to load?

Well without any reasons when I replugged the SD Card after checking directory games it works fine !

Thank you again for your help !!!

Rather than create a new thread. I’ll post my issue here:

I get a “Coin 1” error when I try playing on my Aero City that has the coin chute hooked up.

When I play on my other Aero without the coin mech plugged in I do not get this error.

Any idea what’s causing a “Coin 1 Error” preventing bootup?

The coin signal is probably grounded or is being triggered repeatedly. Most games enter coin error mode when this happens.

Thanks. i'll look into the connection. Hopefully its not a mahjong thing

Back