What's new

Lovegood.dev

Beginner
Reaction score
I've seen this come up a few times, and its personally bugged me for quite a while. So I made a thing. (please ignore the awful layout, ill be replacing it soon)
xby8e2f.gif

This works by tapping into the LCD on the CPS2 Multi-kit, reading whats sent to it, and activating the layout for that game.

You can make one yourself with an Arduino, and a relay board.

Check out the write-up here
Or just jump straight to the code

This is open-source, do what you want with it, criticize me, give me feed back, whatever.

Ill also be making some PCB's that simplify the entire process. If you're interested in one, let me know.

I like it!

The only question I have (not sure if this has been thought of or could be easily fixed on your design)

Some of the 6B games (VSav is probably the best example) have issues when button 4 is connected via both the JAMMA edge (which is where D&D needs the button 4 connected for 1P/2P) and via the kick harness simultaneously.

Is there a way for your board to determine based on the selected game whether to disable pin 4 on the JAMMA edge?

The current version only uses button 4 (Jamma pin 25) for 3/4 player games.

what component are you using for the relays? 14 relays sounds crazy, I wonder if the circuit could be simplified. Very cool project though. Oh I just thought of something looking at your panel. I would have put player 1 and 2 as the middle joy/buttons with 6 buttons on those and put players 3/4 on the outsides. 4p panels are a pain and need to be huge to be comfortable for 4 adults. I'll be curious to see your final panel.

Last edited:
I used a 16-Channel Relay Board I had laying around. I got a few of these a while back, and paid around $8 a piece for them.

I really like your 4 panel layout idea, I'm going to lay it out in CAD and ill post pics when I'm done.

Last edited:
that's how I have my big ass 4p panel setup. it has 6 buttons on each player though which is overkill. I don't know of any games that use more than 4 for players 3 or 4. it is one of those monsters with a trackball in the middle and a useless 4 way in the upper center. for 2p and 4p stuff it works great. Is your cab going to be dedicated CPS2 or will it have more stuff?

Oh my gosh, I'd love to see pics of your setup.

Right now its a CPS2 dedi-cab, but I'm running out of space (I also have 5 pins, and a DDR cab). I will eventually add a CPS1, CPS2, and a couple MK boards. Ill have to modify my project to switch between boards before i do that though. Ideally, ill get the design down, and print a custom PCB so its clean.

cps2 + mk would be sweet. I'm not sure how to do button layout for that though. Maybe put the run button where it should go for MK and use the two middle buttons for block? I actually have a MK cab that was MK4. I hated the side art so put MK2 on one side and MK3 on the other and put a UMK3 marquee on it. still has the MK4 control panel which I don't like much but I never got around to putting something else there. I have an xbox 360 in it and played a good bit of MK9 on it, but I think it is time to convert it back to MK boards. I have MK2 and UMK3 and a jamma 2 way switcher so I'll prob do that. if i want to play modern MK i'll prob do that in my vewlix somehow. I like how there are some people working on mk2 and umk3 adding stuff. I put a romset of some version of umk3+ in my board a while back but I think there has been a major update or two so I'll probably get those roms. Also awesome is CPS2 now has street fighter 2 turbo. I have that board but now maybe it gets converted to a multi. This forum is great fun but also a constant hit on my wallet. Worth it though.

Back