What's new
You can try it without an adapter as well to see if it powers up. It is just the amplified stereo that is different + service button.

no dealbreaker to not test it ;)

I don't think it will do much as is because those pins are literally burnt off. I wouldn't put a harness on there as it stands because the resistance may start a fire and melt your harness.

It needs to be properly cleaned up before you risk firing it up. And you should use the test points for the +5

If it boots and gives you anything at all, the edge pins can be rebuilt.

It still connects to the same burnt up edge. You'll need something more custom here. I can help when it gets here if you like.

Yeah, I was going to connect +5 and ground to the adaptor to see if it boots. The connections on the adaptor will make it easy to do. I may just hand it off to you to see if you can perform your magic on it :thumbsup:

EDIT: Thinking about it now, the adaptor would not work unless traces are cut to the original jamma edge. The adaptor would then possibly be receiving something on the burnt edge aa well as the re-directed power and ground which could damage/melt it. I would not mess with it if that is the case.

Hmmmm....

the burned tracks are caused by dirty contacts or worn edge connectors - not high voltage.

boards like that should use a seperate power loom - they (when fully loaded) draw far too much current for an edge connector.
same problem that plagued early atari boards.

the burned tracks are caused by dirty contacts or worn edge connectors - not high voltage.

boards like that should use a seperate power loom - they (when fully loaded) draw far too much current for an edge connector.
same problem that plagued early atari boards.
It's more than enough for the current drawn IF contact is good:

https://www.4pcb.com/trace-width-calculator.html

Considering you have four traces on the connector for +5V there's no need to be worried...

Of course if you try to power that beast with an oxydised/dirty connector you can expect problems.

Back