What's new

jkl

Student
Reaction score
Hi, I happen to have 2x Sega JVS Type 2 I/O, that are correctly recognized by Naomi and both seem to be in good working order.
But I'm not able to get them working with my TTx2 setup.
It's not a game problem, the TTx2 stop booting throwing a "No JVS I/O board found" and then suggesting me to connect one and restart.

The exact same TTX is perfectly working with a Sega Type 1 JVS I/O.

Is there anything I could do to set it properly or I'm fighting against an incompatibility?

Thanks to everyone who will answer.

JKL

Do you have a picture of the Type 2 Sega JVS I/O?

You will get that error if the system doesn't get a response from the I/O board. It could be an incompatibility but more than likely there is something else going on.

Sure, here it is.
To get it working with my naomi setup I just have to disconnect the jvs cable from ttx and put it into naomi.
Same I/O, same cable, same AC/DC adapter.

Thanks Niko!

Attachments

• quicksquarenew_20204922329774_resize_38.jpg
    quicksquarenew_20204922329774_resize_38.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 232
Don't know if it's relevant, but I/O card is powered by external 5v only, no 12v rails.
It goes straight into the input card of ttx, the one with usb labeled jamma, rj port, 2 leds and 5 dipswitches.
1, 2 and 5 are on.
Just tried again: jvs type 1 goes hassles free into multi, jvs type 2 no I/O board error.

Thanks

Just curious why you are using this I/O Bd rather than standard JVS. We only used this I/O Bd with games that used a motor drive system to inface with that system.

Sure, here it is.
To get it working with my naomi setup I just have to disconnect the jvs cable from ttx and put it into naomi.
Same I/O, same cable, same AC/DC adapter.

Thanks Niko!
I'm going to say this is probably just not compatible.

Many thanks guys!

@irepair Sega
Truth be told it has not been a "choice", my lack of knowledge and information led me to aquire those boards in the early beginning of my true arcade journey.
There's somewhere a comparative table / compatibility chart for I/O boards?

@irepairsega Oh man...I hadnt seen you poking your head in here......its awesome to see you joining us for all the chaos and fun! Hope you are ok, and that business is still flowing somewhat right now!

Hi, I happen to have 2x Sega JVS Type 2 I/O, that are correctly recognized by Naomi and both seem to be in good working order.
Can you take a picture of the JVS test screen on the NAOMI with your IO board connected so we can see what this device identifies as ?

jvs_test.jpg

Sure! Thanks!
Here they are (2 similar boards with same layout but clearly differently identified).

Attachments

• 20200410_123121.jpg
    20200410_123121.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20200410_122504~2.jpg
    20200410_122504~2.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 176
Thank you for those pictures, the capabilities look ok, must be something else which is going on.

Back