What's new

awbacon1

Champion
Reaction score

Ok way less of a tech project and more of a visual project, but I wanted to talk about ten of my favorite unported arcade games. Considering I fell in love with Rastan Saga III at Village Pizza in Okemo, VT growing up (like 2003/2004) I had to include it first.

One day I'll find a pcb and set it up to work as a dual monitor setup. I loved that Taito was doing "ultrawide" gaming with Darius and Rastan well before the technology was an actual things. Just jam two CRT's next to each other, remove the bezel, and go!

Anyone else ever get the chance to play this one?

Last edited:
In Japan, Rastan III was ported to PS2 console through Taito Memories II Gekan compilation. I have not checked the files, but it should use roms from one of the arcade versions.

I kinda ignored that since a) it’s rare and expensive and b) I really wanted to talk about Rastan lol

for 99% of the people, that Taito compilation isn’t known. I mentioned it in the video but I cut it out.

I did the same with Bubble Memories. Came out in a rarer than rare PC Korean exclusive

Sega...why do you deny us simple pleasures like home ports of Scud Race? Are you allergic to making money or do you just dislike making people happy

I had a super gt twin cab for a while. Cool game but I never got good at it and that thing was a monster and wanted the space back.

Coulda just donated it to me ;)

it’s a hard game to get good at. I’ve been playing more but winning a race is still a rare occurrence

one day I’ll find a reasonably priced light”gun” (more like a light Anubis head staff lol) for this and be able to play it at home on my PVM. Stupid things go for a fortune untested though

short of that...I am V into The Maze of the Kings

Metal Slug + Dolphins + a Dreamcast in a shiny red case = one of the best unported games around. Plus Dolphins!

Good video man, but a few thoughts:

1. The "bootleg" Atomiswave games are actually conversions done by one company in China on a mass scale.
2. They did this once, years ago, and have been sold out for at least two years (unless another run was recently done). So you can't get them unless on the secondary market. Yes, even the dang "bootlegs" are rare now.
3. Unless you are taking a NOS kit, DB sells for around $400-$500, not $1k (again, unless you saw a NOS full kit sell).

Finally, if you really want one, trade me!

WTB or trade for these hard to get PCBs

1. The "bootleg" Atomiswave games are actually conversions done by one company in China on a mass scale.
2. They did this once, years ago, and have been sold out for at least two years (unless another run was recently done). So you can't get them unless on the secondary market. Yes, even the dang "bootlegs" are rare now.
3. Unless you are taking a NOS kit, DB sells for around $400-$500, not $1k (again, unless you saw a NOS full kit sell).

Yeah I was talking kit. Generally it’s what I try to collect if I can get my hands on one

Yeah I was talking kit. Generally it’s what I try to collect if I can get my hands on one
Nice! Yeah, too rich for my blood! I'm more of a player, but would grab extras if I found them!

Good videos, keep 'em coming!

I have 15 more of the unported arcade games coming. 5 more edited and uploaded and ten more with the captures sitting on my drive. I edit them in between teaching and client work. Then again it’s not like there is any client work left due this whole pandemic shenanigan crap Lolol

I love Demolish Fist. It’s weird and makes basically zero sense but it’s an awesome beat em up where you get to fight a pack of rogue fork lifts.

Been looking for a pcb for Machineguns for awhile now. Def the fastest paced and craziest feeling Model 3 game. Love Sega rail shooters

Back