What's new

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
How does one get the start and end sounds working? In regards to audio playing through the STV motherboard, TV speakers etc.

Could someone please clearly explain where the files are meant to be placed on the SD card and what they are supposed to be named?

Could someone please explain how to wire it up?

I have a folder named SOUNDS on my SD card. Within this folder are two wave files - START and end.

I've run a wire from the multi cart to the bottom right pin of J2 to the STV motherboard amp pin. Bottom left pin of J2 runs to ground.

I hear no audio. Am also running the LCD selector which is working correctly.

Never mind. After digging around I discovered the need for the cap / resistor along the sound wire.

Wish this stuff was better documented. ?(

i just used a PC speaker it fits inside the 3d shell ! S EE G AAAA

Never mind. After digging around I discovered the need for the cap / resistor along the sound wire.

I once installed a kit for someone which I think he bought directly from Mitsu, that came with instructions included?
@tom5151 do you remember or still have that instruction sheet?

I'm installing this for a friend. Me and the STV multi do not mix!

Information is just scattered everywhere, outdated, incorrect, or hiding in a 5 year old YouTube video which you have to scour through 15 minutes of footage just to find the specific info you're after. The LCD selector install is incorrect in regards to the reset wires. The rom pack linked in the main thread is outdated. The SmokeMonster pack states to name sound files START and end yet in my experience it is case sensitive and both need to be uppercase (END). The saveyourgames / paradise state the files are named SoundStart and SoundEnd. You need a jungle of wires to make it function in an intuitive way. :evil:

Just put a picture of the multi cart up and label all the connections, done! In fact, I'm going to do this myself and collaborate all the info into a solitary place.

I never even tried getting the start/end sounds working with my ST-V multi because the documentation was so confusing.

You dont actually NEED any wires. Start and end sounds are not required so the wire isnt needed. Making new sounds is a pain because they must be formatted just tight and even then sometimes dont work.

Reset wire is not required but was added after release by request. Reset was not an original feature.

The lcd selector is an optional product also. The cart was always meant to be operated by jumpers. And yes, the lcd selector setup is not intuitive but it is an awesome product.

All of the documentation, minus lcd setup, used to be included in a rollup pack. It probably got lost at a certain time. I can post those instructions if needed.

I never even tried getting the start/end sounds working with my ST-V multi because the documentation was so confusing.
Definitely an interesting feature but not easy to make your own sounds at all. Big reason the feature never was used in other multis.

This was Darksofts first original multi design. The design shows its age but the fact it still sells decent even now is pretty impressive.

There's documentation in the roll-up pack but it's not consolidated and there are a few issues:

The selector documentation is incorrect in regards to the reset wires.

The document for the audio through the motherboard makes no mention of the wiring, capacitor, resistor needed. The pre-made sound files included in the download, most of them aren't formatted properly and do not work, leading you to believe you've made a mistake in wiring when in fact it was just a dud sound file making things not work.

A simple one page picture in a central location would have sufficed. Which I've taken the liberty of doing :)

You kind of do need the reset wire in the very least. The LCD selector isn't really a luxury item either, having to power off, power on, power off, power on, to load a game isn't healthy for your system. I agree re the sounds though, totally not necessary with the reset wire and/or LCD selector, however without these items and with the multi PCB in a case the sounds can be handy if you don't have clear sight of the LEDs.

Reactions: nem

I once installed a kit for someone which I think he bought directly from Mitsu, that came with instructions included?@tom5151 do you remember or still have that instruction sheet?
Yep, I've bought the sound kit directly to Mistu.
But I don't have the instructions sheet anymore
This link could help

Back