What's new

mthngn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I create this post because I try and try and try so many times that at the end I haven't no idea where I miss something ?( .
I wish you can help me :saint: .
Thanks to @Danexmurder who trys already.

Step by step I am going to post pictures of my "work".
Tutorial is extracted from https://retrostuff.org/2019/10/07/capcom-cps2-digital-av-and-i-o-interfaces/

Excuse me if I don't reply immediatly but arcade is a hobby but I have a job and a family with to childreen who need a lot af care, so (as you are) I am very busy ;( .

Regard

Last edited:
STEP 1.jpg

Make sure to use proper coax for your clock signal!
thanksI have the good one: RG174RF 50ohms
You’d be surprised but RG174 wasn’t quite good enough for some reason in my install. I had video but no audio though. Try losless coax.
thank you @Danexmurder
I progress a lot.
i have video and audio signals

but i am not totally happy because the video signal is not perfect. (I will post pictures tomorrow)

i will try to install for a third Time the coaxial cable
Even if i have audio, could you give me the reference of you coaxial câble please

cheers.

Where are you putting the coax cable? I ended up using the clock signal from the IC just down from where you put the HDMI board because it's shorter than going all the way to the other side of the board.

with RG174 tap the signal from the back of board, it will help immensely.

Oops, I should have sent this earlier. There are a couple of shots of my install in this thread over at retro game boards.

My mods

hello guys, I need some help in programming this CPS2 AV Digital. I already installed the kit and follow all the instructions step by step I don't think I miss any step but, am ready for the final step programming the CPS2 AV Digital so I downloaded cps2_digiav-master file an I think it has all necessary files that I need and will required an altera USB programmer or equivalent. I have order in ebay is on its way I also know that I need software and drivers for it but I couldn't find any step by step on how to do this and what files are the ones I need to program the CPS2 AV Digital. I will appreciate if any one knows how to do this or link me to a link for this final step please thank you

Last edited:
hello guys, I need some help in programming this CPS2 AV Digital. I already installed the kit and follow all the instructions step by step I don't think I miss any step but, am ready for the final step programming the CPS2 AV Digital so I downloaded cps2_digiav-master file an I think it has all necessary files that I need and will required an altera USB programmer or equivalent. I have order in ebay is on its way I also know that I need software and drivers for it but I couldn't find any step by step on how to do this and what files are the ones I need to program the CPS2 AV Digital. I will appreciate if any one knows how to do this or link me to a link for this final step please thank you
A) do you have a voltmeter? If you do, make sure your not shorted somewhere! Check your solder joints with the Voltmeter and make sure you do not have anything wonky!
B) Did you buy your DIGIAV from VGP (Video Game Perfection)? If so It comes pre-flashed! If not, you need an Altera USB blaster to program it!
C) *only if not purchased from VGP* If you did not buy from VGP, get the .jic file from https://github.com/marqs85/cps2_digiav/tree/master/board/cps2/output_files
D) *only if not purchased from VGP* Follow instruction here: http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=Updating_OSSC_via_JTAG Replace OSSC with CPS2 DIGI AV

**NOTE** DO NOT HAVE YOUR MULTI OR B BOARD PLUGGED IN WHILE FLASHING **

If your having trouble getting a picture to display some easy tips:
Make sure your A and B board are fully seated and attached with Cases and Clips and we working previously!
If you have a Cabinet or Bench to test the Analog signal please do that! It'll help troubleshooting the install:
If your still having trouble go hit up the system 11 shmups forum or contact Marqs directly on Shmups forum.

Hello thank you for the response, I did purchase kit from VGP according with your response it’s already preflashed, so after a got done with installed I assembled a & b board and fired it up hooked up to tv via hdmi and no image, so I figured I needed to flash the kit in last step, unless I miss something that I don’t think,I rechecked all the work with instructions but I will go over one last time so maybe this kit was not flashed so ones I receive the usb programmer. I’ll find out if I run in to a problem i will let you guys know for any other suggestions

The kit comes pre flashed from vgp. If it's not giving you any video it's your work not the firmware most likely. You will, however, have to learn to flash the kit yourself as he is still releasing updates for it.

If you are still having troubleshooting issues you can post pictures here. Be sure to check your solder joints with a continuity tester. It may look like a clean solder joint but only one way to tell for sure. And 9 times out of 10 the issue is folks not clamping the boards together securely. Reseat the boards a few times and check.

Hello kavas thanks for the suggestions I will recheck everything tomorrow and I will post pictures of the installation points I might it missed something then

Back