What's new

RandomRetro

Professional
Reaction score
Trying to determine if it is worth picking up a cart with audio issues. It is a cart that I have been wanting and the price is right if it is a simple chip swap or something. In general are cart audio issues an easy fix or not worth the risk/time?

Would like to find out also. I have an Ironclad conversion cart that has audio issues, need to look further into it.

If the price is right I'd say yes. Most likely a mask ROM fault and they're easy to replace.

Could also be a bad trace, not a huge amount of logic/custom stuff on Neo carts and nearly all graphics based.

Most likely a mask ROM fault and they're easy to replace.

Could also be a bad trace, not a huge amount of logic/custom stuff on Neo carts and nearly all graphics based.
This is what I am hoping for, and another thing I like about the Neo Geo carts is the simplicity.

It mainly comes down to how valuable the cart is. If it has 4 x 32mbit Vroms and one is bad, you’ll need an SOP adapter since you can’t use a 322 to replace it as they only run in 16bit mode and audio is 8bit. But of course it could be something simpler like bad trace or PCM and rarely corrupt M1.

Back