What's new
Thank you man. I am actually pretty impressed at how nice it looks on the lcd - I just think it deserves higher than a 19' screen haha. The cab has some other things to do, and undecided whether or not I want to use the light in the display.

19' is a massive screen, my gosh. How'd you fit it in the house? :P

Scratch that. Success ^^ (yes I plan to get an appropriate(r) monitor as well haha)

20200617_181247.thumb.jpg.0f5187fb7722bb86aec041a25dd7019e.jpg
Looks great! Rather than seek out a more appropriate monitor, you could just get a 19 inch bezel. Could make your own without too much effort.

Looks great! Rather than seek out a more appropriate monitor, you could just get a 19 inch bezel. Could make your own without too much effort.
Thank ya :) I had considered that but the Titan has such a cool bezel as is that I think I rather try to incorporate it.

Thank ya :) I had considered that but the Titan has such a cool bezel as is that I think I rather try to incorporate it.
They are nice... I'm going to be putting a titan board in my MVS, with its cardboard bezel. Not jealous or anything.

Alrighty, another probably simple thing that I do not know.. how do I lower the vol. on the machine? I don't see it in the System Settings options etc and the internet has not been an amazing helper.

Thank ya

There is a volume nob inside the coinmech on the STV cab IIRC. If it isn't there any longer, you'll probably have to get a potentiometer and fab a new one.

I think your missing a lot of valuable screen real estate going from 25 to 19"

I did a small lcd mod on my Neo Geo pocket and it drives me crazy.

I would definately keep on the lookout for 25" Tvs and, Chassis's, and arcade monitors.

I always liked those "Rubbermaid" STV cabs.

@acblunden2 no knob that I can tell with the coinmech. I hope they aren't the 2 buttons near the coin counter that are wired as System and Test.

@hoagtech I agree with the screen. The only problem though is when I went to play Shienryu the Screen V/H wouldn't change in the System Assignment so might need to just use this monitor and have it easy to manually do that.

@acblunden2 no knob that I can tell with the coinmech. I hope they aren't the 2 buttons near the coin counter that are wired as System and Test.
System and Test buttons are wired in directly from the JAMMA edge connector. So those aren't it. They have their own separate channels off the edge connector.

It's been a while, but I remember the volume nob freely hanging inside the cab inline to the speaker wire. In any case, if you can trace from the edge connector the speaker +/- wires and see if it runs directly to the speakers or if there is a connected pot. If the wires run directly to the speakers, the cab was modded for JAMMA (as most JAMMA boards have a volume pot onboard). If that is the case, pick up a pot and solder it in.

I can try that and check the wires. Thank ya, appreciate the answer.

Alrighty, so did not see a switch with the wires but I did manage to do it via the motherboard.

To those curious - it is beside the black heatsink on the board. Just a tiny dial.

Appreciate the help guys.

LoL. I've never noticed that. I've been an ST-V owner for years too. Too spoiled from the convenience of being a candy cab owner i guess.

Back