Reaction score
Hello,

I got a CPS3 board with this garbage screen. what I know :

* The multibios cart tested working
* Card slot cleaned
* voltage OK
* another CPS3 kit is working in the cabinet

=> CDROM is not attached for tests

Any idea where to start ? thank you for your help.

Attachments

• cps3.jpg
    cps3.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 282
why is the cd rom not attached? Cps3 needs the cd rom to function unless it’s a “no cd” set up

I think it is not mandatory for testing because i did the same on the other motherboard and it works well.

after covid, i will get my CDROM back :)

i have just removed all sims and add just one new in slot 1 = same screen

Which cart do you own ? SF3.2 can still work without battery or with a defective one.

"Garbage screen" usually appears with no cart (so no BiOS) inserted or when your cart is "suicided".

I continue...

Voltage OK
I have continuity +5V GND between the super cart and the jamma pin OK

I have a revision 4 95682A-4 but no Jumper / wire under the pcb. (my other PCB has some jumper under the pcb). Maybe a point to check if someone owns a 95682A-4

For example I don't have this wire (that we can see on a 95682A-3) :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-04-15 à 21.28.34.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-04-15 à 21.28.34.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
I continue...

Voltage OK
I have continuity +5V GND between the super cart and the jamma pin OK

I have a revision 4 95682A-4 but no Jumper / wire under the pcb. (my other PCB has some jumper under the pcb). Maybe a point to check if someone owns a 95682A-4

For example I don't have this wire (that we can see on a 95682A-3) :
Did you ever get this fix? I'm having the same problem. The mother board with the white jumper under the PCB wont boot just like yours,
my other motherboard with no jumper boots fine, with the same simms and super bios cart

Attachments

• 20210203_230354.jpg
    20210203_230354.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 20210203_225553.jpg
    20210203_225553.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 139
Those jumpers are from the factory and you should leave them alone.

You gotta make sure your cart is 100% working to rule that out as the issue.

All my cart's are working read earth , SF3 3rd strike, Darksoft super bios & simm's are 100% working, they run fine on my other CPS3 motherboard
I'm getting depress here =(
any other suggestions djsheep? im going to clean the cartridge slot tomorrow with 99% isopropyl alcohol

Did you ever get this fix? I'm having the same problem. The mother board with the white jumper under the PCB wont boot just like yours,
my other motherboard with no jumper boots fine, with the same simms and super bios cart
I have the exact same type of screen/issue. Did you ever get any kind of info on this issue? Any help is appreciated!

I remove my jumper wire, it wasn't working anyway so f it 🤷‍♂️

Put the jumper wire back.

Like jassin said, clean the slot and cart edge, reseat the cart a few times and retest. If still the same, press down gently on the board in a few spots, power off and on in between presses, you might have some cracked solder joints on some of the tiny ass pins on the customs, etc...so flexing the board might get it back to booting properly. or the cart is not making good contact in the slot. Worth a shot.

Could also be a bad cart slot, I’ve seen that before but it’s uncommon.

If cleaning the cart doesn’t help I’d be checking over the board for corrosion - bad traces are common on CPS3 and a nightmare to locate because there’s so many large customs with very fine traces.

Back