What's new

zipp

Beginner
Reaction score
I bought a Tekken 5 cab with basically everything broken in it. The cpu wasn't loading so I got a time crisis 4 ss256 CPU and swapped everything over from the bad CPU. I also bought a DVD drive that's on the list to run 256 games. However after installing it, Tekken DVD won't load up. When I put the tc4 hd in it it , tc4 loads up. Are they not compatible? Is there a way to make this work? Thanks

did you check the tekken disc for scratches?

i also found 256 to be more dvd drive picky then 246.

will get your the origional 256 drive info tomarrow.

Last edited:
ok here is my dvd drive finding for the system 256 the dvd drive has to be master not carrier select. the disc in the drive will not read with carrier select.

the image below is the origional drive in both of my 256 units. but i suspect the issue your having is that your drive is not in master mode.

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 187
Voltage is good, like I said it's a tc4 cpu and apparently it won't run anything BUT tc4....now I need to unload it and get the right version.

Voltage is good
I wonder how dirty the original pcb was? What I would have done was look into any defects on the pcb before jumping to conclusions. Do the fans spin? Does the pcb get any sort of power at all?

Back