What's new

AMS

Grand Master
Reaction score
As I have some new Sega Analog flight/fight sticks laying around used on planet harriers/virtual on/monkey ball and many more games. I was thinking how can I make these dedicated sticks to fit/work in a normal candy panel.

As you can see the adapter plate on the dedicated is big and won’t fit a candy panel, since monkey ball stick adapter (smaller bracket) are not around and I thought what the hell let me design one and here it is . I still have to figure out a way to lift up the panel so there is space to fit the big stick in the cab. some cabinets have no deep space. So for these I have to design a adapter also to lift up the panel.
In picture 5 you can see that there is room to fit 6 small nuts for the screws that hold the top plate of the stick, and by the design the screw won't turn 8)

So still a little work to do but we are getting there
Will upload the design in a little bit , when all is finished. I will also include some templates to cut out the hole center in the panel,1 for planet harriers and a 2 version voor virtual on etc etc

with this stick now in your candy you can play a lot of analog games!

:D

Easy print file with minimal supports,20% infill @0.15 layer height around 4 hour print time. Its verry strong even with just 20% so you won't break this baby easy

thumbnail_image0.jpg
thumbnail_image6.jpg
thumbnail_image2.jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
thumbnail_image2-1.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_image3-1.jpg
    thumbnail_image3-1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 121
  • thumbnail_image5.jpg
    thumbnail_image5.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 106
  • thumbnail_image0-1.jpg
    thumbnail_image0-1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 104
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 116
  • thumbnail_image1-2.jpg
    thumbnail_image1-2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
What cabs don't have space for the stick?

You're right, the mounting plate on the Monkey Ball panel is smaller than the one on the sitdown cabs. I can take pics of both, if someone is interested.

Anyway, nice job!

Well the newer sticks have a little larger spring mech. So in my blast when you turn the stick it scrapes the bottom . Must be more cabs have this problem ,egret,windy,Astro maybe?

As I wanted to make this work and I couldn’t find the right monkey ball plate I just made one :)

The spring shouldn't matter. What matters is the shaft length, and I don't think those come in different sizes. I've never tried it, but just by eyeballing it, I'm going to say the OG Monkey Ball panel will work in a Blast. I can verify this if someone wants to know for certain.

However, I guess since your plate is printed in plastic, I guess it adds some extra depth to the joystick?

Oké I need to check it , I’ll let you know :)

Back