What's new

Hydreigon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idk if I will keep this monitor or not. This is my first time using a Nanao MS9 only to have obvious issues (see attachment). Is this a sync related issue? Any old threads that had the same issue as this and a solution?

Thanks all :).

P.S. Running Motocross Go on this chassis and this image shows the title screen.

Attachments

• 20200417_184728.jpg
    20200417_184728.jpg
    737.2 KB · Views: 190
Part 2 in repairs. Decided to remove the frame to see if it was compatible with my Motocross Go cabinet (it isn't). Assembled everything and accidentally flipped the horizontal image. I unplugged the chassis directly while the game was powered on to correct the issue and now the chassis doesn't power on when it's plugged back in. Did any component short of some sort or do I have to wait this out for a few days?

Nope, just the power connector. Found the issue to be a shorted MOSFET after further testing. Namco cabinets in the 90s must have some weird cabling issues that have problems if something is unplugged while powered on.

Replaced the MOFSET and that did not solve the issue. B+ is still at 0v. I'm not hearing any click (I think). There may be something else that needs replacing (but idk what yet). Need to build some wiring to power the monitor alone and not with the cabinet.

I also should have noted that unplugging and plugging the sound amp pcb's "power" cable coming from a transformer caused the transformer powering said pcb to go bad (I replaced them both already). This was done while the cabinet was still powered on.

Last edited:
100-120vac at the power input?

rare for a mosfet to blow on these
Yes to 100-120vac power but since the cabinet is powering the monitor instead of directly from a plug, I'm starting to think my Motocross Go machines have electrical issues (more so specifically the EMI RFI filter). The one in my cab looks to be factory supplied with the brand saying "corcom" and the model number saying "10vv1". Said to have a voltage rating of "250VAC" and current rating of 10A. I'll have to measure voltages coming from that EMI/RFI filter sometime soon.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic here.

Back