What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
Alrighty. Got some blast city cabs a while back that are wired for jamma. They work fine with standard res stuff but I want to try Naomi on them. I don’t see any switches anywhere so I’m assuming just connect db15 if I want to use that and disconnect it if I want to use a standard res board? I see this little board on the monitor board with what looks like db15, can’t see the edge. So should I just be fine connecting a vga cable here then to Naomi? I have a Capcom I/o. I think I did test running the Naomi at 15hz a long time ago but of course I’d rather run this at 31hz.

edit: so apparently sometimes connecting a standard vga cable to certain monitors can cause issues and maybe ruin your Naomi. The original cable has no pin 9 on either side. Anyway I’m modifying a cable before I try this again.

Attachments

• 8F76C775-522D-42CF-85AB-1B01E14EF79B.jpeg
    8F76C775-522D-42CF-85AB-1B01E14EF79B.jpeg
    800.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Blastcity usually has the monitor’s remote board inside the control panel.. the remote board has 3 jumpers where you can change the monitor’s resolution if the Blastcity does not have the monitor’s that auto switch res.. I had no problems connecting directly, the Naomi to the monitor on the VGA line.

Thanks, now I see jumpers. How do I know which way to set them? Also can high res come through the jamma edge or do I need to always use the vga cable? Man is is dirty in there. I need to get around to cleaning these cabs.

Attachments

• B5C63D97-36AA-4462-84A0-E886E276BD42.jpeg
    B5C63D97-36AA-4462-84A0-E886E276BD42.jpeg
    915.1 KB · Views: 186
  • F17D0FF5-922F-4889-8D3D-03A2512D8716.jpeg
    F17D0FF5-922F-4889-8D3D-03A2512D8716.jpeg
    900.8 KB · Views: 177
do you know what amp 15p 2k means?

edit: looks like that just means jamma video on the edge connector. seems straight forward enough, i hope to test tonight if i can find all my naomi junk to hook it up.

Last edited:
Whelp this sucks. I got a non synced image out of the Naomi and somehow flipping dip switches it appears I killed the monitor. Set back to 15hz and tried a neo geo board, have sound but no indication the monitor is coming on.

what???????... make sure that 1 and 2 are ON and 3 OFF and put in a Jamma game.. also, make sure that you don't have any VGA cable connected to the monitor.

Removed the vga cable completely and tried neo geo again with 1 and 2 on, 3 off. Same thing, no picture. Not sure what to check now. Seems monitor is doing absolutely nothing.

Yeah. I’ll leave the cab off a while and maybe try again tomorrow, but it doesn’t look good. If anyone has any ideas what I might have screwed up flipping those dip switches while the cab was on that would be cool.

Did you flip the dip switch switch while it was on? I am pretty sure that’s a big no no for the 2930 chassis and can potentially kill it.

Also, on the back of the blast PSU try to flip the switch just in case there is a short somewhere and no power is going in.. not sure what else to suggest

Also, on the back of the blast PSU try to flip the switch just in case there is a short somewhere and no power is going in.. not sure what else to suggest
I have lights and the neo power up and there is audio. So just the monitor is doing nothing.

Holy shit that is a relief. I flipped the power switch in the back and tried again with the neo geo and it works. I don’t know if I want to even bother trying Naomi again.

If you don’t wanna bother switching from 15khz to 31khz on the monitor, you can set the Naomi to output 15khz.

Flipping back and forth between 15 and 31 is no problem but you'll have to tweak the image with the pots on the back for both what's right for one out put isn't what's going to make the image perfect in the other. I'd keep the Naomi in 15 unless you do some serious tweaking to get it just right for both which seems impossible.

31k is an important capability of the cab but I has to be done with respect to what it is. I wish the first post had told you not to do that. In general you really shouldn't be flipping switches while stuff is off but most of us have made a mistake like this before, nbd in the long run. The 2930 is not an auto switching monitor but it is very reliable in comparison to the auto switching ones.

Back