What's new
Do you have a Capcom io or does the cab have a Sega JVS? Running jamma video should be no problem. I have friends who play Naomi on their Astros which don't even have tri sync monitors. Should just be the first dip switch on the Naomi.

Last edited:
Do you have a Capcom up or does the cab have a Sega JVS? Running jamma video should be no problem. I have friends who play Naomi on their Astros which don't even have tri sync monitors. Should just be the first dip switch on the Naomi.
I have a Capcom I/O.

Flipping back and forth between 15 and 31 is no problem but you'll have to tweak the image with the pots on the back for both what's right for one out put isn't what's going to make the image perfect in the other. I'd keep the Naomi in 15 unless you do some serious tweaking to get it just right for both which seems impossible.
Ok so there are pots on the back when you take the cover off? What are they and what do they do?

First time in a long time I’ve had something running in all these things. It’s nice. cps3 multi in the new Astro. Taito x2 multi in the vewlix. Neo geo with a neo geo SD cart in the first blast. 60 in one in the 4th blast vertical. I’ll prob put something else in that one. Have a cos2 multi, Stv multi, and Taito f3. Which has the best vert shooters?

Attachments

• DCD57ED7-A819-489F-977A-EE3202C2B4DA.jpeg
    DCD57ED7-A819-489F-977A-EE3202C2B4DA.jpeg
    917.7 KB · Views: 171
Im not interested in shmups so I don't really know f3 is popular with that crowd tho. The pots on the back do all kinds of shit to the picture and you can adjust them while it's one unlike the remote board dip switches. They have to be adjusted to get the picture to perfect. Do so very gently so that you don't strip them. Please don't touch the flyback. Rarely does that ever need to be touched. But yeah the pots should be on the side by where the vga cable connects. Vga shouldn't be plugged in when using jamma video it can give you a darker picture. If you like the way it looks now in 15 you might want to just play Naomi in 15 especially if you aren't really interested in tinkering long term. Otherwise you may need to adjust those pots on the back every time you switch between 15 and 31. Auto switching skips this problem but has many other issues. This is why blasts are not really beginner cabs. They have a high ceiling but lots of capabilities means lots that can go wrong. Great cab IMHO.

First time in a long time I’ve had something running in all these things. It’s nice. cps3 multi in the new Astro. Taito x2 multi in the vewlix. Neo geo with a neo geo SD cart in the first blast. 60 in one in the 4th blast vertical. I’ll prob put something else in that one. Have a cos2 multi, Stv multi, and Taito f3. Which has the best vert shooters?
those monitors look great in the pictures!

Im not interested in shmups so I don't really know f3 is popular with that crowd tho. The pots on the back do all kinds of shit to the picture and you can adjust them while it's one unlike the remote board dip switches. They have to be adjusted to get the picture to perfect. Do so very gently so that you don't strip them. Please don't touch the flyback. Rarely does that ever need to be touched. But yeah the pots should be on the side by where the vga cable connects. Vga shouldn't be plugged in when using jamma video it can give you a darker picture. If you like the way it looks now in 15 you might want to just play Naomi in 15 especially if you aren't really interested in tinkering long term. Otherwise you may need to adjust those pots on the back every time you switch between 15 and 31. Auto switching skips this problem but has many other issues. This is why blasts are not really beginner cabs. They have a high ceiling but lots of capabilities means lots that can go wrong. Great cab IMHO.
thanks for the info. I think I'll leave in 15 for now. eventually i want to pull the monitors out of these to take a good look at the boards and possibly do a cap kit, clean up the goop and whatnot. So that would be a good time to test 31hz.

those monitors look great in the pictures!
yeah they are pretty good. i went to correct the corner convergence but really i don't notice it too much when I play something. The displays are nice and bright and colorful.

Went ahead and tried Naomi at 31hz on my vertical blast. This time being extra careful, only chaining dips with the cab off, using a vga cable with pin 9 taken out. Result? No image. 15hz I get a picture but it is a little flaky and flickers every once in a while like it is not holding sync. Not sure what else I can try.

Setup:
Naomi 1 vga out to Nanao 2930. Dip on Naomi set to 31hz, dips on Nanao set for dsub and 31hz. No indication of any picture when I turn everything on. I didn’t try 15hz through the dsub. I did try 15hz through the Capcom I/o and through the jamma edge and that functions with the flicker. I also tried 31hz through the Capcom I/o and through the jamma. Same deal, no picture, no indication the monitor is even on.

your pots arent adjusted for it properly on the back. that or your dip switches arent in the proper place.

My pictures comes in and out in certain pots depending on which refresh rate it's on.

Ok cool. I probably won’t mess with it until I can take the monitor out of the cab. I didn’t take a close look but it seems to be a pain to get to them with the monitor in the cab.

You definitely need to take it out. For any monitor servicing you need to have somwhere to put it like a small table so you can adjust and see as you go. But one or two of the middle pots brought 31k to life for me.

You definitely need to take it out. For any monitor servicing you need to have somwhere to put it like a small table so you can adjust and see as you go. But one or two of the middle pots brought 31k to life for me.
Thanks. I definitely want to get my vertical cab working with ikaruga in 31hz. I’ll leave it like that dedicated for a while If I get it working. I even bought blast city ikaruga art so I have to do it. I found another vga cable I’ve used with Naomi before and it had the pin taken out. Same deal so I definitely think it is the monitor adjustments. I’ll update this thread when I get around to pulling the monitor. Maybe next week. I’m swamped right now completely wrecking my main game room reorganizing and rewiring. When that’s done I’ll show it off. It will be awesome.

Ok I’m ready to give this a shot. Since the monitor is vertical I can get to the pots through the front cab door to adjust. Can someone give me a general guide on what pots to try adjusting to get a 31hz image to show? Here are some pictures. Lots of pots. Should I start with the H. H 30 one?

Attachments

• 3493F8DF-15F0-4F23-A38E-83BB00007841.jpeg
    3493F8DF-15F0-4F23-A38E-83BB00007841.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 14568B0E-13E0-4BAA-9EA8-4783CF70E50B.jpeg
    14568B0E-13E0-4BAA-9EA8-4783CF70E50B.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 104
What kind of chassis is that? Most of those pots are just for adjusting various screen and voltage parameters I think. Is there not a jumper somewhere?
Edit: I see you have a 2930, there should be some dip switches on the remote board that let you set the resolution to 31khz.

Yeah I tried setting to 31hz before, no picture. So I’m assuming I need to adjust something else to get 31hz working.

Back