What's new

huangnumbah

Beginner
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

Hope everyone in the US and around the world are holding up okay!

I'm what I'd consider an occasional arcade consumer who's gradually becoming more of a hobbyist. I've got a 3-player Battletoads arcade cabinet, a Nintendo Space Firebird cocktail table, and an NBA Fastbreak Pinball, and have messed around with settings on Battletoads and Fastbreak before, though I definitely acquired each of them prior to having an advanced knowledge of arcade tech.

I'm currently in the process of building a supergun setup with the HAS and a CPS2 multi-kit; it'll be set up to my consumer Trinitron via Retrotink's RGB2Component adapter, at least until I can acquire a PVM. I'm hoping to track down the UD DB15 USB decoders to use with it, though my only current fight stick is the Hori RAP V for the Switch - if anyone knows whether these are compatible with Undamned's decoder (I imagine they aren't), please let me know, or else it's fight stick shopping time... If I ever move into a bigger place then a candy cab will also probably make the wish list. Growing up, I traditionally played more beat 'em ups, shooters and golden age stuff than fighting games. That said, my buddy and I have joked about having a little home arcade or fighting game "dojo" in our pocket of DFW where people can practice against each other and get better, so who knows, maybe the supergun setup will be the genesis of that happening. In any case, I imagine I'll get stumped here and there during the process and will hit y'all up for some help, haha.

Beyond that, I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and am an active community member of Free Play Arcade, running the NBA Jam/Hang Time League we've got down there as well as participating in a lot of the arcade's other events (pinball, Tuesday Night Fights, Puzzle Night, etc). I spent a lot of childhood summers in the Las Vegas arcades and midways (Circus Circus, Excalibur, Caesar's Palace, Treasure Island, etc), and a bunch of weekends at Funtasia in Central Park Mall in San Antonio, where they had 3-player Battletoads set up on a huge screen - probably the main reason why it became my favorite beat 'em up, haha. Favorite console is the Genesis/Mega Drive, but there's something to like about all of them.

I do have another account I was using prior to this one getting recovered, and am not sure if I'll use this one for everything or split them up depending on what I'm doing, but if you see a similar user name with the same avatar then that's me too.

Thanks and see y'all around!️

Welcome again (since you have another username)! That's a good start to your collection there. If you head over to the Consolization/ Supergun Showcase section of this forum, you can possibly find the information you're looking for. If not, post up there and someone will be able to help you out.

Back