What's new
The microphone adapter is the same that come with Planet Ring, except you have a wire to the mic and not directly plugged in it. The PCB part is I think the same than in a DC controller (but not full, like in arcade sticks or others).

I still sell the DIY kits. You just need to harvest the DC ports yourself and solder it all together.

nice.. Does it come with instructions on which wire go where?

No wires. And pretty easy to figure out assembly. Just make sure to do a very clean job removing the DC controller ports from the pcb they are on.

i have a few i use, they are just drop in and solder clean

i have a few i use, they are just drop in and solder clean
How are you desoldering them from the original PCB, pro desolder stations/pumps? ?(

I tried to use a iron and braid, heeeeellll no was taking forever (also not very clean as Mits mentioned above). X/
I didn't even bother with hot air, I figured the plastic housing would melt for sure. 8|

since at that time my pace rework station ws having issues. i used a pencil soldering iron and banging on table. takes timing but easy to do

I use a desoldering station. Makes quick work of it. You have to make sure the five holes for the pins of each controller are completely free before removing the port from the pcb. The pins are extremely thin and fragile.

How are you desoldering them from the original PCB, pro desolder stations/pumps?

I tried to use a iron and braid, heeeeellll no was taking forever (also not very clean as Mits mentioned above).
I didn't even bother with hot air, I figured the plastic housing would melt for sure.
if you need this done I can handle it for you easy peasy.

de-soldering anything is a pain in the ass, even with a desoldering station, I wouldn't even attempt with braid

For what it's worth I did mine with a solder braid so it's definitely doable. That said I probably wouldn't do it that way again, way too time consuming if you have a desoldering station.

what will happen to those dc moboards after wards? id love a few as parts boards

what will happen to those dc moboards after wards? id love a few as parts boards
Oh the motherboards are already done for...
  1. The board that failed I tossed
  2. My first replacement ended up being the rare VA0 (that won't work with GDEmu) so I smashed it with a hammer in a rage when the seller wouldn't take a return
  3. The final replacement board went inside my black DC shell and I'm using it currently

Its been awhile since i used my maple adapters. I just got a NNC to put my naomi stuff. I plug in the adapter and its not working. I can hear the memory card registering but cant do any movements or buttons. Any ideas?

Back