What's new
JiTb5Sg.jpg
SMeQWNp.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/3AHDFtu

complete. Thanks mitsurugi-w

Somewhere I saw something about if you use the Dreamcast ports it disables the main controls? Is that true? But then in the spreadsheet I see games that support the vmu but not the Dreamcast controller? How does that make any sense? Did some cabs have a slot for the vmu but no Dreamcast controller port?

ok cool. I thought that didn't make any sense. Really to me the only cool thing about this is the VMU. I can't think of why I would ever want to use a dreamcast controller over arcade style controls for any of these games.

I have used these Maple Adapters to save and load games on my VMU while using arcade controls. No problems.

I cant get solder wick to work worth a shit.
You need to mix the non leaded solder with leaded one to lower the solder point, and use flux to make solder adhere better to the braid. I personally use a soldering iron at 315 degrees celcius. It takes some practice before you get it right. It's much cleaner than other techniques when you do though.

I cant get solder wick to work worth a shit.
You need to mix the non leaded solder with leaded one to lower the solder point, and use flux to make solder adhere better to the braid. I personally use a soldering iron at 315 degrees celcius. It takes some practice before you get it right. It's much cleaner than other techniques when you do though.
Nothing beats a proper desoldering tool though. I personally did mine the same as you with a wick, but it definitely requires more time and patience that way.

Reactions: nem
@Mitsurugi-w , are these DIY kits still being sold? Also, are there alternatives to original DC ports being used? I don't have a DC I can harvest from so I thought of using the ports on an extension cord. Seems like I would lose out on mounting it properly, but it seems fine.

Also, are there alternatives to original DC ports being used? I don't have a DC I can harvest from so I thought of using the ports on an extension cord.
You can find controller port assemblies on eBay. That’s what I used. Just search ‘Dreamcast controller ports’.

Yes I always have DIY kits available. You have to source the DC sockets and solder everything yourself.

Awesome. That's no problem getting those DC ports. I'll buy one for sure.

i also want a DIY kit !! please send me message for payment details please. I am waiting for a Noami2 netdimm Pi Kit and want to take full advantage of it. @Mitsurugi-w do you have an eshop? i would like to see what else you have made and buy. thanks in advance.

The Walsdawg Arcade section of this site has my products. Also I build and sell the Apocalypse multi kits. PM me if you want to order.

Back