What's new

uncletom

Beginner
Reaction score
Hejsansvejsan you all, from Sweden!

Some stuff you got here! An engineer's playground, arcade hacks & accessories R/D. I was introduced to this forum just the other day by Gondar (also a member here) and the great news about the Initial D card unit emulation. Now I'm glued to the chair browsing all those interesting projects. Wow!

My interest starded in a healthy way at first with Ghosts'n Goblins some time in 1985-86, and continued with GunSmoke, Rush & Crash, and Afterburner, and then some more. As time passed my passion grew twisted, curiosity turned into an urge to hunt, madness took me in directions I never imagined. With ebay opening doors to the rest of the world, my shelves began to fill up. Boards, game systems, and spare parts transformed my appartment into a warehouse from hell. I became obsessed with joysticks, buttons and monitors. I built my own cabinets, bought and stored parts for games for future projects. I gutted old cabs to acquire parts for a future revision. This continued day by day, year after year, the delusion consumed me completely. Untill just a couple of years ago when I realized that I was going to die some day, and if I don't stop hunting and start playing soon I'll be about 204 years old before I'll be a mediocre player on hopefully half of all the games in my collection.

So ... this is last year's setup here at home, certain smaller changes has been made since. Today I have my two NNCs that I bought here in Sweden last year, I've recently recycled both my 18 Wheeler UR and my temporary driving rig, which left me whith some highly desired space. Oh, and I also sold my pinball (ToM) which I had about 3 months before beginning to feel violated by its long shadow casted over me and my little desk. I have a temporary gaming pedestal where I can swap controlpanels to play any JVS-system in 31k or higher, or my awesome golf game Golden Tee Live 2014. Screen is a 51" plasma. Please have a look at my somewhat beautified photo:

2015-11_UTs_den_00.jpg

Welcome! Ghosts'n Goblins was a game that change my life....and I think the arcade quality as well.

Thank you.

Capcom was king back then. Before the CPS, before the copy/paste games. Well, there are some good games on the CPS, but not many.

K4O5, that is so true. We may all soon be able to use the heads of our children to continue our lives indefinitely. YES!

.. I need to get to it then! Let's make children!!

By the way, how is Mr Spiridonov doing these days?

He's selling mugs and t-shirts to pay for his head transplant procedure.. need to get me one of those t-shirts or a mug for work.

Hejsan

Välkommen till Forum. It's 25 years since I last spoke swedish so I leave it to that :D

Btw. I hold gaming meetings at least twice a year, not a long journey from Sweden ;)

Hejsan på dig! Arcade meetings? Where?

We've got a few meetings as well here in Sweden. In the summer there's the large meeting at Inker's in Borås, lots of pinballs and some racers, also a few classics. Then there's Blomman's retro-meet with mixed stuff ranging from pinballs and arcadevideos to homegames and old computers.

Pizza & videogames, that's life at its best. Finland right? That's just a short boat ride away, I'm in stockholm.

Boat + love, that would be back in the good old days when they used to have arcades on the boats. P.A.F. (Åland) operated the seas between the eastern states and Sweden. These days you are happy to see one or two games at most. Ofcourse those AWPs are always there to take people's money.

Back