What's new
Rocket, for the v1 or v2 red, how do you know just by looking at the cab? The red speaker grills?

3 ways.

1 date in the coin door (least accurate)
2. Light bar at top of machine (florescent or led) more accurate doesnt apply to blanc
3. Open back panel and check monitor sticker (most accurate) or on screen (see previous blanc picture) the monitor connection search. The search on that blanc is the wei-ya search. The sanwa is a square and only shows in top left corner.

Hi Rocket, checked my door yesterday mine is a November 2007 and has red grilles and a Flourescent light at the top.

My question is although I am very pleased with the monitor, pretty sure it’s a Sanwa, I have a little bit of horizontal banding with a white background and read somewhere this could be cleaned.

any idea how to so this?

Thanks

I have no idea but can you send a picture of it. Also what is your thoughts on the sanwa monitor?

Niko had a applicable post about dvi/vga connectors that seems to be applicable to this monitor

I got a much better picture from the type x2 going from dvi-i to vga when compared to other monitors

Ok, thanks. I will have to buy one on Amazon. I'll let you know.
Is it the same thing with RE2 ? Do I need a DVI-I to DVI-I cable ?
As far as I know its only the X2
what-is-a-dvi-d-cable.jpg

I think the Sanwa monitor is great, although I have just ordered an LG to see what that looks like and how easy it is to fit in a Noir.

script>

So it is possible to buy replacement monitors if possible?, its hard to find parts or anything for these cabs in the UK, or i'm looking in the wrong places lol, i'm still waiting to see what he's got before I pick one but I've pretty much made my mind up on one of these, unless someone knows of anything better :D

A lot of folks on the lindberghs have been replacing the monitors with better ones. I havent heard of this being done with noirs. I would suspect with a noir you could hide the monitor much better with the shell. I think thegreathopper is going to have the answer with the lg experiment

A lot of folks on the lindberghs have been replacing the monitors with better ones. I havent heard of this being done with noirs. I would suspect with a noir you could hide the monitor much better with the shell. I think thegreathopper is going to have the answer with the lg experiment
Hi Rocket, I removed my monitor and strangely it turned out to be a Weiya it’s original as it has the buttons etc under the lift up cover by the card reader. Noir is dated 2007.

But now has an LG dated March 2020, took a few hours to fit but looks great will post a picture later.

Looking forward to this.
Put up a before vs after picture. :)
Will be doing this too.

Is that running the tx2, does everything work ok on the noir?

i'm still looking for one, john's not got back to me yet and nobody else is selling anything, but I decided to hook up my dell monitor just to see what the difference would be from my naomi cab, I tried it first as standard and everything worked fine but nothing special, then I changed jumper 2 to on and tried again, it does make a big difference in the quality, but, not all games would work, some did, some just hung, but most went back to menu screen, i'm presuming it's down to the resolution, but will this be the same when I get the Namco cab?

Hi Rocket, I removed my monitor and strangely it turned out to be a Weiya it’s original as it has the buttons etc under the lift up cover by the card reader. Noir is dated 2007.

But now has an LG dated March 2020, took a few hours to fit but looks great will post a picture later.
That lg looks great how did you mount it and what is the model number of the lg? Can we get pics of the mounting?

Also what was the model# on the wei-ya

i'm still looking for one, john's not got back to me yet and nobody else is selling anything, but I decided to hook up my dell monitor just to see what the difference would be from my naomi cab, I tried it first as standard and everything worked fine but nothing special, then I changed jumper 2 to on and tried again, it does make a big difference in the quality, but, not all games would work, some did, some just hung, but most went back to menu screen, i'm presuming it's down to the resolution, but will this be the same when I get the Namco cab?
All the games on my X2 worked fine on the Weiya monitor and the new LG, basically they all work fine.

That lg looks great how did you mount it and what is the model number of the lg? Can we get pics of the mounting?
Also what was the model# on the wei-ya
I fitted a LG 32MP58HQ, here is a pic of the Wei Ya monitor that was originally fitted.

script>

script>

Didn't get a chance to take any pics of how I mounted the LG but there is loads of room.

All the games on my X2 worked fine on the Weiya monitor and the new LG, basically they all work fine.
I wonder if it’s the cable I was using then, instead of using the dvi adapter to vga I just used a dvi to dvi cable, everything worked if I didn’t change jumper 2 but the older games don’t Id I do ?(

with the wei-ya your suppose to use dvi-i (analog pins plus dual channel dvi)from type x2 to the monitor is suppose to be about equal to working hdmi 2.0 data transport. using anything less is not going to have the best quality. meaning hdmi 1.3/1.4 is = to haveing single channel dvi = to vga

if you get a chance try that wei-ya monitor with a dvi-i cable to the x2

Last edited:
Back