What's new
I've got a larger dell monitor which i'm going to try later and a dvi to hdmi cable so i'll see if that makes a difference, i'm just starting to wonder if I won't like it as much as my naomi monitor.

I only run 720P or 1080P on my cab and they look great,

I also have CRT's which I use for low res games NeoGeo, CPS2, Cave etc. low res games in my opinion look awful on a large LCD but if you are running KOF 13 and Ultra Street Fighter you want a Noir or similar.

Some interesting news. Some of the tekken 6br were built in the v2 cab with the led top light and the wei-ya monitor. As it turns out the rev b manual is based on that noir.

Rocket, that’s interesting I think that’s the manual I have (electronic form) it’s hosted on Arcade Otaku.

Do you happen to know anywhere that sells Marquees and move strips for the Noir?... ideally KOF 13 or 14 but others could be interesting too.

I was refering to noir cabinet manual, your right the tekken 6br manual would have been the companion manual

Unfortunately that area has been a total disaster on strips etc. i have a few origionals but no one seems to want to make scans etc.

hiya hopper it looks like i'm going for the red, it's a version 2 but has the fluorescent light rather than led's as i'm not sure I liked them on the blue, i'm getting it with tekken 7 fatal retribution which should keep me busy for a while plus I've just got my ringedge 2, but incase I get bored what do I need to be able to connect my ps4 to it and use the stick and buttons rather than the ps4 pad, I wasn't buying it for console use but it could be a while before I can get games such as street fighter V so might give it a go, cheers.

Horris, you need a couple of PS4 Brooks converters, and that’s it! Works very simply.

congratulations on ordering the cab, be warned it’s very heavy if you need to lift it!

Cheers I’ll have a look for some.

Yep we’re just debating that now as there’s a few large steps upto the house and it’ll get delivered to drive only at minute so wondering if I’ll get it in without stripping it down or if a few of us could lift it.

Hopper by what I’ve found so far you have to wire your control panel to a brooks board which then goes to the PS4 I’m presuming, in that case won’t it be a pain to swap from PS4 to tx2 if you’ve got to change the wires every time?

Hopper by what I’ve found so far you have to wire your control panel to a brooks board which then goes to the PS4 I’m presuming, in that case won’t it be a pain to swap from PS4 to tx2 if you’ve got to change the wires every time?
You can use these to swap the harness connectors as needed and not have unplug individual wires.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-2-Pl...t-Borne-Arcade-Jamma-/174106006223?nav=SEARCH
Thanks for that, I’ve put a watch on them for when I find the right pcb converter, cheers.

You can use these to swap the harness connectors as needed and not have unplug individual wires.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-2-Pl...t-Borne-Arcade-Jamma-/174106006223?nav=SEARCH
I made up a pair of cables, which is probably easier to buy premade as in the link above, it then just means unplugging the multi pin connectors for sticks and buttons.

Everyday I think of something else to do with these cabinets, I’ll be glad when I get it delivered lol, the one I’m getting only has 4 buttons and 2 blanks, to make this a 6 button are the extra wires there or will I need an extra wiring loom? I was offered a 2 player 6 button panel for £350 but decided I might as well keep it single player.

Everyday I think of something else to do with these cabinets, I’ll be glad when I get it delivered lol, the one I’m getting only has 4 buttons and 2 blanks, to make this a 6 button are the extra wires there or will I need an extra wiring loom? I was offered a 2 player 6 button panel for £350 but decided I might as well keep it single player.
the wires for the extra buttons are already there.

Does anyone have the marquee poster measurements? I’d like to see about having some custom ones made for my Noir.

pretty sure it’s 30 inches x 15 inches but you could measure your marquee to be sure.

Can anyone with a working Banapassport reader tell me where I can get the CN2 cable, and where it plugs in to? Or a DIY solution? I’m just trying to power it on, not actually use it for games.

I’ll make some pictures tonight . As I have a full working one on my tekken 7

Back