What's new
I have been pleased with the few i have bought also from the yaj. correct me if i am wrong. but you got the sanwa? if so those are solid for the x2 games. they dont handle 1920x1080 though. (sanwas are better for the lower resolution games) the wei-ya handle the higher resolution games very well.

My red had the Sanwa, nice picture but only went to 720p so swapped it for the wei ya from a blue which matches my other blue, both now 1080.
If your running tx2 720 is highest it will go, but tekken 7 and ringedge 2 both go to 1080.

mine are the ruby red ones, i have a tekken 7 so will have to try it, my ringedge and RE2 are on thir way from the rising sun too

I’ve been told about yaj a few times but can’t work it out so never bought anything.

Did you get the monitor cable with the monitor, or is it the same monitor as you already had?

Well I like to keep you all on your toes so come across a new problem maybe someone can help me with, I’ve bought the original fast I/o pcb’s for the noir but not sure how it installs, I’ve fixed it in place and put the wires in place but the najv2 has an 8 pin plug at the top and I don’t have anywhere to plug it on the k91x1204b, also I can’t find a power cable to power the board so not sure what to do there? As usual any help much appreciated, cheers.

Attachments

• 70C4205E-7CD1-42EF-820D-B865EAE50391.jpeg
    70C4205E-7CD1-42EF-820D-B865EAE50391.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 243
  • A901CDFC-C1CD-4CC4-96EE-AC34A77CE053.jpeg
    A901CDFC-C1CD-4CC4-96EE-AC34A77CE053.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 277
Nobody have any ideas or is everyone on holiday , main thing I need to know is how to get another power cable to the I/o board that I don’t seem to have, should be an orange and black 4 pin as in photo.

Attachments

• EAD7A498-23BC-46A7-A1D5-4D7F06689931.png
    EAD7A498-23BC-46A7-A1D5-4D7F06689931.png
    385.1 KB · Views: 184
Thought I'd ask here as this seems to be the most active "Noir" thread that I can find on the net :)

Has anybody put a Sega Naomi on their Noir? (I've got the Tekken 6 one)

The I/O I have on mine is the NA-JV2. When I load up MvC2 for example, I get the error

Code:
         ERROR.

JAMMA I/O BOARD(S) DON'T HAVE
ENOUGH SWITCHES OR FUNCTIONS
Has anybody ever come across this?

I imagine the 4 dip switches on the I/O would be the answer, but I can't seem to find any form of documentation on what those dip switches do.

Any info would be awesome!

TIA
I believe I have found the issue here.

The noirs I have, have two different i/o's. One is the NA-JV2 and another is the NA-JV

The NA-JV2 registers the node as 2 players 13 bits, 2 coin slots.

The NA-JV registers the node as 1 player, 24 bits, 2 coin slots.

Whenever i used the NA-JV2 as a stand alone machine, MVC2 loads perfectly fine. The moment I would link the two machines, two nodes are seen, but one of those nodes is "1 player" and as such, when the game loads, it shoots out the JVS error about not enough switches.

I borrowed a friend's NA-JV2 to test my theory, and low and behold, the game loads up with no issue.

GU1ilPw.jpg

Surely, there is a way to register the NA-JV as 2 players instead of 1 via dip switches?

My i/o's physically appear the same, except for how it registers in the jvs menu

2QuDJ1q.jpg

Anybody ever come across any information on the dip switches of the NA-JV (or V329) i/o?

I’m presuming they probably released the second version because of this kind of issue, I’ve noticed it’s very hard to find any information on these boards, the fast I/o board has 3 lots of switches but I can’t find any info as to what there for so best to leave alone (if I ever get it working lol), do you know what the cables in slot cn4 on your board go to?

You would think a complex pcb like this would have the ability to switch from 1p to 2p.

Yes, the information on anything noir is really lacking :)

Regarding cn4, I believe that's what the usb pass through is.. It should go to the pcb at the bottom front to allow the linking.

You have have a normal one without the vga, 3.5mm and usb out

So I wonder if it’s not needed on the fast I/o which is why I can’t find anywhere to plug it in :huh:

hello guys,

Newly proud owner of a noir cab'.
This cab is amazing, I love it.
It's a 2007 v1 with the 4 pcbs alim, fluo, Sanwa 720p and a gundam style.
Love it

One day I will look for a sticker of the coin door, to change the red for the blue color. (Maybe someone have some idea for it)

I totally unmount and remount the cab to clean it, if someone need help to see how to do, you can follow this link, it's in french but there are a lot of picture during the unmount part.
https://forum.hfsplay.fr/renovation...b-gundam-direct-from-japan-bonus--t18164.html

Regards

@AMS Just to know, did you scan the operator manual?

@Wildpumpk1n not yet I have ton of stuff to upload so when the cold winter days are coming I will go thru it al :)

For the coin door just swap the whole door piece. They show up on yahoo auction japan every now and then.

For the coin door just swap the whole door piece. They show up on yahoo auction japan every now and then.
Hum, you right, i will try to find it on yaj :S
Not sure to know how we can call it and find it on it.

I’m thinking of picking up another Noir, is linking them pretty straight forward? Anyone have pics?

If you have the linking board that looks like this, it will make things much easier

x3Laa5w.jpg

It connects the NAVJ2 to it, the audio and the video

kzfncCX.jpg

You then output to the second cab a USB cable, a 3.5mm stereo cable and a vga cable.

I've linked successfully a naomi using only one naomi board for 2p games on two machines, but I haven't linked successfully a ttx3 multi with 2p on 2 machines. I think I need 2x ttx3's to link

Back