What's new
Well I’m not messing with the hard drive just incase it goes wrong lol, shame there’s only 5 fights as games not very long.

I think there’s a lot of variations due to upgrades etc, mines the ruby red speaker grills but Sanwa monitor and tube light so a bit of a mix match I think, I’m happy with it though.

Extend the rounds.
3 rounds per fight it helps a little bit. ;)

There nice, I was offered a blue but went for the red, probably not the best choice but I do like it, how do you tell a version 2 from a version 3 as I’m going to get another one when one comes up.

Your tekken 7 are the options in Japan or English? I watched a video yesterday and they were in English, It was the same cabinet as mine but I can’t find any option to change it.
I think it was like this if I remember correct .
red version type 1 720p screen

Ruby red(shiny) blue (early gundam) -2009 type 2 1080p screen

blue(gundam) white(crazy game) gold(tekken 7) type 3 with new dual led topper and 1080p screen)2010+
That is a huge bit of information to know. Thank you.
I have a red noir (ruby) a blue in storage and a gold on the way. Once I get into our new house I'll put them all side by side and study them more closely.

I wired up the Banapassport reader with just 12v power and ground to see what would happen. While it does power on, it will just cycle through the 3 LED colors (red, blue, green) over and over. Presumably this is to let you know it’s not communicating properly with anything.

Since I have a Red Noir, I’ll probably just wire in some new, always on red LEDs.

Yes this is correct until you hook a namco game to it. Also after so many power up or a time out it quits flashing on power up.

I’m still trying to find a cable for it, I’ve got the ones to the banapassport but not the one that plugs into my tekken 7 board :(

Ok so back with a new issue lol, after figuring out my noir was a version 1 he’s swapped the monitor for me from a blue so now I’ve got a 1080 monitor and while I was there I picked up another blue noir as well, problem I’m having is with the ringedge 2 only running 720 through the vga cable, do I need to remove the dvi to HDMI cable and connect dvi to dvi to get 1080?

Hey Horris, I am running a ring edge 1 in my Noir at 1080p. You need to make sure dips 5,6,7 are on.

my cable is DVI out to VGA.

Hiya hopper I knew I should have waited to hear from someone, well the good news is by plugging a dvi to dvi cable in it does work and better than before, but still only in 1280 x 760, but then that might be because I’d marked down dips 7,6 & 8 on for hi res :cursing: , shame there isn’t an emoji for I’m stupid lol.

In truth it is best to run dual dvi-i. It is = to running 2 vga cables (to the same 1 image) at the same time and = hmdi 2.0. Running 1 vga cable is slightly = to running hmdi 1.0 or single channel dvi

Meaning no matter the resolution you will get best picture quality running dual channel dvi-i from the computer/game board to the monitor dual channel dvi-i input.

Last edited:
Well it all seems to be working fine now I’ve got the right dips on, not all games run at 1080 but menu does and koihime does, blade arcus and dead or alive run at 720, but still look good.

In truth it is best to run dual dvi-i. It is = to running 2 vga cables (to the same 1 image) at the same time and = hmdi 2.0. Running 1 vga cable is slightly = to running hmdi 1.0 or single channel dvi

Meaning no matter the resolution you will get best picture quality running dual channel dvi-i from the computer/game board to the monitor dual channel dvi-i input.
reposting as i was editing after your message

Well it all seems to be working fine now I’ve got the right dips on, not all games run at 1080 but menu does and koihime does, blade arcus and dead or alive run at 720, but still look good.
great news, I think I need and extra 1Gb of ram to run Dead or alive. Is the game any good?

glad your noir turned out well.
Cheers rocket, I’m loving it and had to buy another so I’m not constantly changing boards, so now I’ve got a 2007 red version 1 but with a wei ye monitor which he took out of a blue and a 2016 blue version 2, I got chance to see a vewlix but I still prefer the noir’s.
great news, I think I need and extra 1Gb of ram to run Dead or alive. Is the game any good?
dead or alive is one of my favourites, not too difficult and quite a few battles before completing so it’s a good one to have a blast on, still plays at 720 but looks amazing anyway.

I think it was mentioned in this thread, but do the models go by this release schedule:
Red V1 = 2007 *I have this one
Red V2 = 2009
Blue V1 = 2010 *I have this one
Blue V2 = 2016 * i had no idea they made V2 that late.
Gold = 2016* getting this..... is there only 1 version?

Thanks guys

The versions can be confusing, the red I got first was meant to be a version 2, it had the right speaker grills and bana passport etc, but when I stripped it to give it a good clean it had the 720 sanwa monitor and the four power supplies, luckily as I liked the machine he just changed my monitor for a version 2 1080, my blue I think is a version 2 but could be a 3 don’t really know how to tell but it’s dated 2016 in coin door.

I’d like to get a gold but really want a blanc if I ever find one for sale.

The versions can be confusing, the red I got first was meant to be a version 2, it had the right speaker grills and bana passport etc, but when I stripped it to give it a good clean it had the 720 sanwa monitor and the four power supplies, luckily as I liked the machine he just changed my monitor for a version 2 1080, my blue I think is a version 2 but could be a 3 don’t really know how to tell but it’s dated 2016 in coin door.

I’d like to get a gold but really want a blanc if I ever find one for sale.
The Blanc is neat looking, but it sits higher/taller like the Vewlix. It would definitely standout next to the other Noir’s.

Back