What's new
So is anybody here running a Lindbergh motherboard inside their Noir? I'm looking for an elegant way to power the Lindy from inside the Noir, without hacking up the existing wiring. AFAIK Sega made some adapters to allow a RingEdge to be powered from inside the Noir, but I have no idea if such adapters exist for say a Lindbergh or a RingWide.

Just get a atx psu and chuck it in the side :) 110/220 volt auto switching

that’s how I did it and I just use the namco I/o that’s iN the cabinet

Cheers!

I do have a spare Lindbergh PSU I could put in there, but it would be a shame to completely bypass the perfectly working stock PSU.

Leave the stock psu for the normal things in the cabinet and use a dedicated for the lindy . Imo its the best way. As lindy takes a fair amount of juice

You've certainly got a point there. I will go with that, thank you for your input.

So is anybody here running a Lindbergh motherboard inside their Noir? I'm looking for an elegant way to power the Lindy from inside the Noir, without hacking up the existing wiring. AFAIK Sega made some adapters to allow a RingEdge to be powered from inside the Noir, but I have no idea if such adapters exist for say a Lindbergh or a RingWide.
Just get a atx psu and chuck it in the side :) 110/220 volt auto switching

that’s how I did it and I just use the namco I/o that’s iN the cabinet

Cheers!
I modified a power strip so I could plug in my new LG 1080p monitor and my PC inside the Noir.

Power Strip

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781SKPRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

New socket end

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UJ9BJTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's a pretty nice way to go about it as well @muckyfingers. But IMHO adding the Lindy PSU comes with the added bonus of also providing an easy way to connect a Naomi/Triforce/Chihiro to the newer Noirs, since these, like mine, don't have an on-board 3.3V PSU anymore.

That's a pretty nice way to go about it as well @muckyfingers. But IMHO adding the Lindy PSU comes with the added bonus of also providing an easy way to connect a Naomi/Triforce/Chihiro to the newer Noirs, since these, like mine, don't have an on-board 3.3V PSU anymore.
That’s true, mine is an older Noir so it has the 3.3v PSU in it. You could still use the idea and tuck the additional ATX PSU inside the cab.

Hopper, could you please give me a rundown of how you installed the LG display in your Noir. I’m gonna the same with my Noir with a dead screen. I’m using a very light Samsung LCD so I was thinking Velcro or double sided tape. Let me know how you did it. Thanks.

Hopper, could you please give me a rundown of how you installed the LG display in your Noir. I’m gonna the same with my Noir with a dead screen. I’m using a very light Samsung LCD so I was thinking Velcro or double sided tape. Let me know how you did it. Thanks.
First step is to strip out the old monitor, quite straight forward but takes a bit of time.

I mounted a piece of wood to the back of my LG monitor as I didn’t have a vesa mount, next step was to space the monitor off of the original monitor bracket.

Again another piece of wood which I cannot recall the thickness but did write on another thread, 75 mm thickness I recall.

Then when monitor was in the correct position, put the plastic Noir case back on the cab.

Sorry didn’t take any pictures but if I get a chance will remove the cover this weekend and take some.

there is loads of room for a new monitor to be fitted but that means you need to mount a modern monitor in a way that brings it forward to touch the front protective screen, or at least be very close.

Velcro and tape I don’t think will be much help.

Thank you for the info. It was very easy taking out the old monitor and you are right, there is plenty of room. If you do get a chance to take some pictures, that would really be helpful.

haha i did same Hopper LG tv and some wood , however i was lucky enough other day to win a monitor for a Noir on YAJ

mines not an LG tv, it’s a 32 inch monitor, lovely picture. Apparently far superior to the original Noir monitor.

I still have the Wei ya Noir monitor, you could of bought mine.. postage would be cheaper. :)

haha typical, well shoot me a pm for what you want for it and you never know, your right tho postage was more than the monitor, but monitor i won cheap

Back