What's new

mugen_ketsueki

Professional
Reaction score
Update: 12/17/2020
As of now, there’s 3 Left in stock in his store. So if you wanted the Custom Taito F3 Red DarkSoft Multi PCB plates you can get it when it's back in stock.

Leaving this here as if you're wanting to buy a case for your PCB and don't want it exposed. Then you can go to: https://lions3.com/product/custom-taito-f3-darksoft-red-plates/ and get them! @Lions3 has been an awesome person making different cases for different Arcade Hardware. So show your interest if you own this board and get one! If it sells out you can contact him on his email within the website of lions3.com/contact-us/

841E1D48-14C4-4F76-81EF-6386A4608682.jpg

Attachments

• C1931B1A-1C1F-4F6B-A1BA-321DB97CA068-768x768.jpeg
    C1931B1A-1C1F-4F6B-A1BA-321DB97CA068-768x768.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
And you can when the supply comes in. If you wanna express your interest contact lions3 on his website

I didnt even realize this existed would love to get one!
He teased it way way back when the kit first came out, but for the longest time he only had the bottom board. I've been following his Instagram like a hawk waiting for these. Mine's expected to come in today, I'm very excited.

Is this just a single board? And do the side clips secure the board in place like with the regular plastic lid?

If there are options to avoid tearing apart official gear then I'm interested. I have a red shell from arkanoid returns that I've yet to take the sticker off of.

If there are options to avoid tearing apart official gear then I'm interested. I have a red shell from arkanoid returns that I've yet to take the sticker off of.
same here with my puzzle bobble 4! Would love to grab one of these too.

Is this just a single board? And do the side clips secure the board in place like with the regular plastic lid?

Yeah, those pictures make it way too hard to figure out what's going on. I like the artistic takes, but wish he had some clear pictures of what the product was.

I emailed him with interest, and also to ask if he could offer a discount to buy both this and the LCD/motherboard together. It makes sense if you're going to do one, you might as well do both.

@Kavas i would email lions3 on his site to learn more information. But i think he will able to go in detail how it is. But i am helping out to make his products be more known is all. I know nothing more then when i can post.

Quick update: Got mine yesterday but didn't get around to installing it, and I'm stuck at work till midnight tonight so it's not happening. But I'm off the next 2 days so I'll get it put together.

Comes with 2 plates, which isn't necessarily 100% apparent from the pics -- a red under-plate and a clear top plate. Bunch of 3d printed mounting hardware, no instructions to put it together unlike the bottom plates, but it's easy enough to figure out (I took a quick glance at the pics to verify my guess was correct, and it was).

Will post some pics in the next few days

Alright, as promised, here's some pics and a quick review. First, the pics: https://imgur.com/a/re04oqf

It's beautiful as always. Was a little annoying getting the backing off of the part where the label was engraved, but there's no helping that - I ended up putting it under the faucet and very lightly scrubbing with a sponge, that seemed to do the trick.

My biggest (only) complaint:
Unless I'm an idiot who's putting this together wrong (and that is certainly a possibility), it's not natively set up for not having the clips on the side. What I mean by that is that when he sold the bottom plates he had an option for "Original Black Case" or "Bare Motherboard" -- I went with "Bare Motherboard" and took off the clips, because mine has a big chunk missing out of the plastic on the bottom so I liked the idea of getting rid of it. And since the F3 multi is the last game that's ever going to be slotted onto this motherboard, I didn't really think the clips were necessary. This top case appears (again, I could somehow be putting it together wrong I suppose) to not attach to the game board in any way, even though all the screw holes line up with screw holes on the board. That means if you don't have clips, it just kinda floats on top, completely unattached.

Now, that being said, it's a pretty easy fix: I'm going to go out to Home Depot and get some longer screws for the bottom so that I can attach screw through the PCB to the standoffs on the plexi. This is a $1.50 and 10 minutes of my time fix, this isn't a real complaint, I just figured it was fair to throw out a negative along with the positives (and make note of it in case I'm a moron and the standoffs need to be rejiggered some way that makes them work)
is that I am a moron and put it together wrong the first time. Ignore all this shit. @meybarra is a wiser man than me.

Overall, very happy. My F3 Multi setup is complete at last, and I didn't have to sacrifice a working game for the cover like I thought I might have had to.

Last edited:
Did I set up my plexis wrong? I’ve got the clear one directly on top of the red, no space between.

Attachments

• 4324EF47-7F02-4C1F-972E-A70F6BA40FDA.jpeg
    4324EF47-7F02-4C1F-972E-A70F6BA40FDA.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 241
See I assumed that one of the spacers might've needed to go between them since I figured they needed to be spaced apart to make room for the ribbon cable based on the cutout for it -- but seeing that picture, maybe I'm the one that did it wrong? This is why I posted, since even the simplest shit could be done wrong and I am living proof of that :D

Yep, redid it your way, that's definitely the right way. Make it idiot proof, they build a better idiot!

Last edited:
Ordered, wish the lcd piece was available to purchase.

I am pretty sure he is just waiting on acrylic from the distributor. More will be in stock in a couple weeks I suspect.

Another damn COVID-19 moment.

Back