What's new

telecommand

Student
Reaction score
Just received a WWF Wrestlemania PCB which is showing rev 1.20 8/2/95

I understand there is a 1.30 out there (seems to be what everyone is playing on MAME etc.)

Are there any differences in the revisions I should worry about? Are they just bug fixes mostly or do they add something major I'm missing out on?

I guess the main reason I'd like to know is because of how Midway would update their MK games with new moves and secrets etc.

It's probably minor bugfixes. I have a 1.30 board. I'd be interested to see if you can do Undertaker's fatality on 1.2.

To do this particular fatality, stand close and above your opponent and hit DUDU P. The conditions for a fatality are that* you must be in the ring (your opponent *can* be out of the ring)* your opponent must not have got second wind (similar to Killer Instinct)

If I knew where to begin, I'd love to hack the game ala Ultimate MK3+. You could probably give everyone a fatality with existing assets...

Last edited:
Interested and following.

I think Paul would work on NBA Jam before this (after MK+), but money talks!

You can also watch his videos on how he hacks to learn how he does it.

It's probably minor bugfixes. I have a 1.30 board. I'd be interested to see if you can do Undertaker's fatality on 1.2.

To do this particular fatality, stand close and above your opponent and hit DUDU P. The conditions for a fatality are that* you must be in the ring (your opponent *can* be out of the ring)* your opponent must not have got second wind (similar to Killer Instinct)

If I knew where to begin, I'd love to hack the game ala Ultimate MK3+. You could probably give everyone a fatality with existing assets...
I'll give this a go over the weekend! Wish me luck because I'm terrible at this game! (Although should be easy if I just rig up a 2P game)

at the side note - does anyone knows if "Buddy Mode" activation sometimes leads to game hang/reboot on real PCB ? especially if buddy character is Doink

it may be checked like - coin in, 1P and 2P start, then rapidly press both players Block/Defend buttons. in emulation game will hang with like 1/5 chance at round start.

Last edited:
at the side note - does anyone knows if "Buddy Mode" activation sometimes leads to game hang/reboot on real PCB ? especially if buddy character is Doink

it may be checked like - coin in, 1P and 2P start, then rapidly press both players Block/Defend buttons. in emulation game will hang with like 1/5 chance at round start.
Just tried. Haven't been able to replicate this issue on my PCB.

Just tried. Haven't been able to replicate this issue on my PCB.
thank you!
may I clarify - buddy mode works fine if one of automatically chosen by game partners was Doink ? (characters selected by players doesn't matter, only game controlled character matters)

Is that even possible? I thought the buddy mode was only possible in 2P games, so both characters would be player selected?

Is that even possible? I thought the buddy mode was only possible in 2P games, so both characters would be player selected?
see attached. yes, 2P game, players select characters, and then game randomly adds 2 more characters if "Buddy mode" was activated. and if one of that characters is Doink - game freeze and reboots in emulator, also sprite of buddy-Dink have bugged colors.

Attachments

• wwf_bug.png
    wwf_bug.png
    925.1 KB · Views: 314
Ohhhh I see what you mean. I thought you meant the co-op mode. I will test tomorrow when I get a minute and report back :thumbup:

see attached. yes, 2P game, players select characters, and then game randomly adds 2 more characters if "Buddy mode" was activated. and if one of that characters is Doink - game freeze and reboots in emulator, also sprite of buddy-Dink have bugged colors.
Tested and no problem on PCB. Match started without issues :thumbup:

Also tested with one of the players as Doink and works fine.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 160
Tested and no problem on PCB. Match started without issues
thank you very much!
wondering that's wrong with emulators...

I've noticed bug seems happen if one of players chose Doink, and there is one more Doink was added by game as "buddy" character.
i.e. there is 2 Doink-s - one player controlled and another game-controlled buddy.

also I've found this bug listed it one of game faqs/manuals - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/563194-wwf-wrestlemania/faqs/42348
and there is also huge list of other known bugs in this game, looks like it was not well tested...

Do you guys know which ROM to replace to upgrade a rev1.2 to a rev1.3? Both of these?

midway-wwf-wrestlemania-pcb-board_1_df8bffce5e85515d4138028740b408cf.jpg

Back