What's new

rolins

Student
Reaction score
I'm troubleshooting a Time Crisis 4 pcb i picked up a while back. The seller advertized it as not working because it "doesn't boot". The price was super cheap, so i figure i'd give it a shot.

All i have connected to TC4 is the power, vga cable, and rca audio cables.

I'd expect to hear a few beeps when i first turned on the unit, but all i'm treated to is a black screen and no sound. Unit is definitely powered as the system fan is spinning. Voltages are solid and the hard drive & dongle are original. I even swapped out the hard drive with a clone and used the Sys2X6 dongle to double check if the originals are faulty.

I'm almost certain its probably a dead mainboard, but there's one last check i want to do. What if its because i don't have the V329 I/O board connected?

Anyone with a working Time Crisis 4 pcb please do me a favor? Just unplug the V329 i/o board from your unit. and tell me what the system does when it turns on. Does the game go to a black screen with no beeps?

Both TC3 and TC4 will boot to attract mode with no i/o board connected no idea about beeps as last time i tested one i did not have the sound hooked up make sure you have a good solid 5V at the power connector on the 256 unit or it wont boot

Thanks for confirming that. I've triple checked the voltages on this system and it runs steady at 4.9V
Looks like I'm gonna have to pull it out the mainboard and start poking around.

Back