What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello,
Has anyone seen this issue.. when the monitor is turned on, the colors are not all there.. it is all green and seems to be missing the red colors or something..any ideas beside caps?

thanks
D8527FCE-B099-4CF5-8F89-455B13D074D1.jpeg

Attachments

• 8814ADD4-B3EC-47B6-A14A-1E2371B39C33.jpeg
    8814ADD4-B3EC-47B6-A14A-1E2371B39C33.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 154
Do you think it’s a problem with the video cable? This reminds me of an issue I had with some bad RGBS BNC cables. One of the color lines didn’t make a good connection with the monitor and I got a bad picture like yours.

Do you think it’s a problem with the video cable? This reminds me of an issue I had with some bad RGBS BNC cables. One of the color lines didn’t make a good connection with the monitor and I got a bad picture like yours.
I test it on the second cute and that does not seem to be the case..

If it's the tube, it's just a short that can most likely be fixed. I can't see the red gun outright dying like that. It will go out over time.

I bet it's something in the red drive circuit on the chassis.

If it's the tube, it's just a short that can most likely be fixed. I can't see the red gun outright dying like that. It will go out over time.

I bet it's something in the red drive circuit on the chassis.
Thanks for the feedback..we will see

@nem - this is what happens since I got the cab.. I turned it on- green, leave it for about an hour, goes to normal and beautiful colors and pics. This is the average behavior. I don’t want to wait an hour to play and it is getting to me.

Intermittent behavior-
Turn it on, beautiful picture from the get go, then green in a few minutes, then normal in about 25ms with beautiful picture.

Turn it on - green and colors don’t change at all not even on for an hour..this behavior is rare but does happens

Last edited:
It's just a poor solder joint. Technically the wrong term for this, because it refers to a solder joint that was poor in the first place. However, in this case the drive transistors running hot have likely cracked the joints over time. Usually the PCB around the transistors turns visibly darker too.

Anyway, it's an easy fix. Just put new solder on the joints, add jumper wires if the pads come off. I would also spray contact cleaner on the pots and turn them a few times from end to end (take a photo before hand if you don't want to calibrate the monitor again).

@nem - it seems that you were right on the money on the monitor cold solder. My friend agrees with you and is taking care of the problem.

another question for everyone,
D9E559C2-D864-41CA-86F3-E0658901A45A.jpeg
on the second cute different monitor.. we will call this one monitor number 2.. on the upper part of the monitor, there seems to be two or more lines missing, there is a blank gap.. this appears about two minutes once the monitor is on..please take a look at the picture..what could be the issue?

Does it go away at some point?
it goes away only when I make the picture smaller from top to bottom but I loose 1/2 inch of real estate from top to bottom and the character and game does not look right, they look A bit squashed.
6563EF47-556B-4208-95AD-8D61328D5C51.jpeg

Yeah, I don't know why that first scan line is off kilter. Possibly something you'll have to live with.

Yeah, I don't know why that first scan line is off kilter. Possibly something you'll have to live with.
YouTube is telling me reflow IC and then cap kit.. it’s some type of vertical lines issue.

Back