What's new
Discussion Thread:
Taiko Drum Master - Region Hack

Description:
Taiko 11,12,13,14 and 11: Asian Edition and 12: Asian Edition contain regional lockouts based on an injected NVRAM value on the 256 motherboard. Reprogramming the motherboard's NVRAM will work to allow either Asian or Japanese versions to run, but will prevent the others from running. These patches can be applied to the "Asian Edition" games to allow them to run on Japanese/Export/USA region System 256 PCB's, and can be run on the "Japanese" games to allow them to run on ANY region PCB.

File(s):
View attachment System2X6-TDM-NVRAM-Hacks-Xdelta.zip

Hello I have origibal taiko 12 Asian Edition how can u update to unlock system to use other version.
Also I have system 256 multi dongle where can I find 13 and 14 game and dongle info ????

Discussion Thread:
Time crisis 4 working on standar system 256?

Description:
Time Crisis 4 Japanese and Export versions only boot on a "Super" System 256 chassis which has better specifications (and a sound expansion card) than the more readily available System 256 chassis. This patch can be applied to either the Japanese (TSF1001-NA-A) or Export (TSF1002-NA-A) version of the game to allow it to run on a normal System 256 PCB.

File(s):
View attachment NM00032 TSF100X-NA-A, Ver.A49 (Non Super Hack).zip

Whats the scoop? Does it let it work with v315 or v320?
This game will not boot unless it detects the Namco force feedback steering wheel. Without it, It will throw an error. I think the game requires other specific boards and stuff to run too. Not many people would care about this game, but I’m interested especially since I love the PlayStation 2 version.

Ah
This game will not boot unless it detects the Namco force feedback steering wheel. Without it, It will throw an error. I think the game requires other specific boards and stuff to run too. Not many people would care about this game, but I’m interested especially since I love the PlayStation 2 version.
Ah. Ya it uses v257 str board. Good to know it needs the ffb

Most 2x6 games actually don't need their specific IO boards, simply a JVS IO that can satisfy the specific needs.
In the case of RRV for example, the game will turn the steering wheel all the way one way and then the other to test the steering potentiomenter using the FFB motor.
It also recenters the wheel when returning to the main menu, as selection of game modes is done by the steering wheel.
If the motor doesnt move the wheel at the expected time, it'll fail the tests. I don't have any sega ffb setups, but I suspect the IO's with output could be made to control a ffb motor, especially as the game works fine in every other way on any analog capable IO that's been tested.
These patches simply patch around the ffb test and recentering, and will cause the game to simply assume the wheel is centered as soon as the user inserts their coins.

Most 2x6 games actually don't need their specific IO boards, simply a JVS IO that can satisfy the specific needs.
In the case of RRV for example, the game will turn the steering wheel all the way one way and then the other to test the steering potentiomenter using the FFB motor.
It also recenters the wheel when returning to the main menu, as selection of game modes is done by the steering wheel.
If the motor doesnt move the wheel at the expected time, it'll fail the tests. I don't have any sega ffb setups, but I suspect the IO's with output could be made to control a ffb motor, especially as the game works fine in every other way on any analog capable IO that's been tested.
These patches simply patch around the ffb test and recentering, and will cause the game to simply assume the wheel is centered as soon as the user inserts their coins.
Did anything ever happen with this patch in the end mate?
Im talking to a few people that said they would look in to it, but id hate to pull them off a project if it was a lost cause.
I have RRV, and 246 (c)'s and 256's systems
id love it get this game running in my racers :)

Discussion Thread:
Taiko Drum Master - Region Hack

Description:
Taiko 11,12,13,14 and 11: Asian Edition and 12: Asian Edition contain regional lockouts based on an injected NVRAM value on the 256 motherboard. Reprogramming the motherboard's NVRAM will work to allow either Asian or Japanese versions to run, but will prevent the others from running. These patches can be applied to the "Asian Edition" games to allow them to run on Japanese/Export/USA region System 256 PCB's, and can be run on the "Japanese" games to allow them to run on ANY region PCB.

File(s):
View attachment System2X6-TDM-NVRAM-Hacks-Xdelta.zip
Are there any archives for Tekken 4, Tekken 5.1, and Tekken Dark Resurrection versions?

If you use latest dongle revisions, all of the characters will be unlocked from the start.

At least for 4 and 5 DR.

I’m pretty sure that program is used only for the multi dongle and not play. Play works a bit differently but you’ll need to look elsewhere like the other French forum for help

Right, that's for writing images to a physical USB dongle to be used with real hardware. You don't need that.

Back