What's new
I plan to release the electronic diagram for the multitap.

That is really simple, the multitap uses the 2 ports of the Neo Geo, 2 controllers being multiplexed on each port. I use the same principles as the Majhong controller, the pins OUT 1 and 2 are switched on/off to select the relevant inputs.
I was thinking exactly this.
But I think then you can only read alternatively each pair of controllers every other frame (thus a 1 frame delay in 4P mode).
Correct me if I'm wrong.

[EDIT]
Could even be 4 frame delay if you read all 4 controllers from port 1.

You are right.

The Neo Geo main loop is 60FPS, but here the core game engine is 30FPS. Even frames: I get players 1 and 3 inputs and refresh display. Odd Frames : I get the missing players 2 and 4 inputs and with all together I refresh the game model.

I am interested to know if someone could beat the solo mode. The game is hard but it should be feasible by really good players :P
I haven't got there yet.

Come on guys. Give it a try!!! New game for NeoGeo!!!

I am interested to know if someone could beat the solo mode. The game is hard but it should be feasible by really good players :P
Don't have a Neo Geo to play on, but I'll give it a try this weekend with emulator.

How many levels are there in solo mode? On first play through, I finished levels 1 and 2 without issue, then made a few sloppy mistakes on 3 that ended my run.

stage3.jpg

Dunno if you're really taking suggestions, but mine would be:
  • Make the time bonus at the end of the level either count faster or make it skippable
  • On continue countdown, allow mashing buttons to speed-up/skip countdown. For those who want to start over without a continue, this would save a few seconds
  • Assign buttons A and C to both function as rotate counter-clockwise, B rotate clockwise, and D hold. This would make it similar to Tetris the Grandmaster and allow for quick 180 rotations

But overall I really enjoy it! Dig the music, sfx and visuals.

I definitely dont think hold on D is a good idea, since that means the game cant be played on three button panels.

I definitely dont think hold on D is a good idea, since that means the game cant be played on three button panels.
perhapse a better option would to be to allow it to be configured in the settings.

"
Until the next update, rename the folder to a recognized game, ex: AOF"If i did it, i am obliged to remove aof?unless I didn't understand

Until a new version of the menu is released you need to replace ANY of the existing folders with those files. It can be AOF or Zupapa or any other one you (don't) like.

Until a new version of the menu is released you need to replace ANY of the existing folders with those files
Are you guys working on a way for us to add new games outside of a limited list of supported folders? I know there are a few homebrew releases that I've been unable to play without sacrificing an existing game. it'd be nice to have the ability to just add them.

Reactions: nem
Yes, that's also in our list.Can you post which games/homebrews you have in mind to add?

Can you post which games/homebrews you have in mind to add?
Thinking about the games I've needed to rename folders for there was this, and project Neon and Treasure of the Carribean. and a not yet announced game that a friend of mine is working on, I think there were one or two others but I can't remember at the moment.

Thinking about the games I've needed to rename folders for there was this, and project Neon and Treasure of the Carribean. and a not yet announced game that a friend of mine is working on, I think there were one or two others but I can't remember at the moment.
I believe Treasure of the Carribean is already supported (so do a lot of other homebrews) but you didn't use the right folder name. By "right" I mean the one we chose arbitrary amongst the many romsets available online. :D

Back