What's new
Just keep in mind that for CMVS multitaps will only work on units built with onboard controller ports
You are right, only MVS with native DB15 ports (ex: MV1F) can support the multitap as the JAMMA doesn't implement the needed OUT pins.

You are right, only MVS with native DB15 ports (ex: MV1F) can support the multitap as the JAMMA doesn't implement the needed OUT pins.
I guess the missing signals still exist and can be tapped somewhere.

the signals that go to the db15 connector on the mvs motherboard. Sometimes there is a connector for joystick and sometimes not.

Will you be selling the multi-tap? I'd love to support you by buying that :) I love multiplayer tetris :)
@totologic I think that you need to talk to @Mitsurugi-w. I believe he could produce them.
I am open to any new serious solution for cartridge production. Neotris has 50 units full order book. I plan already a new game for 2021 that could reach more than 100 units.
Maybe you can contact the guys who are making Xenocrisis. they seem to able to sell a brand new AES game for £200 https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/. And they use all new parts nothing repurposed

Yep, Bitmap Bureau are producing their own bespoke PCBs. They’ve got quite a few orders too I believe and are doing both MVS and AES

This game looks really cool, I’d be interested in playing it on MVS for sure.

Last edited:
Watched the psykom twitch.
This game looks awesome!
Look forward to giving this a try and seeing the final as well as your future work.
Thank you.
Any chance of a NeoCD version? I may be in a small group but I love the CD and this game looks like it would lend itself well to CD audio tracks.

This game looks awesome!
Look forward to giving this a try and seeing the final as well as your future work.
Thank you.
Any chance of a NeoCD version? I may be in a small group but I love the CD and this game looks like it would lend itself well to CD audio tracks.
That would be cool for the prototype. The final version would lack copyright protection.

It sounds like he has a good relationship here and would be sold in physical form.

In the past Neodev team has been able to successfully block excess piracy with help from @Darksoft and would probably be a similar scenario.

But this just my opinion.

what signal is missing?
You would need IN00(42, 9 on DB15), IN01(43, 2 on DB15), IN02(44, 10 on DB15) which are on the Neo-C1, most CMVS units use an MV1C. Those signals are most likely on the Neo-YSA2 qfp but I don't think there is a complete pinout for it as of yet.

It would use the 8p JST connector used for a trackball for both the MV1B and MV1C.

Pinout of CON1

Pin 1 - GND
Pin 2 -
Pin 3 - Pin 9 of 2up joystick port (IN10)
Pin 4 - Pin 2 of 2up joystick port (IN11)
Pin 5 - Pin 10 of 2up joystick port (IN12)
Pin 6 - Pin 9 of 1up joystick port (IN00)
Pin 7 - Pin 2 of 1up joystick port (IN01)
Pin 8 - Pin 10 of 1up joystick port (IN02)

Last edited:
This game looks awesome!
Thank you.
I hope, but I still miss some pieces of hardware to quietly make conversion for NeoCD.

Hi guys.

A new version of Neotris will available soon for free download.

Improvements are:

In solo:
- Cool mode (without chrono) and Pro mode (with chrono)
- warning animation and sound when time < 10
- multiply combo system (get x2, x3, x4... when doing consecutive lines)
- skip "Bonus Time" by pressing A button

in Versus 2P:
- choose your theme (music + background) among those available in Solo
- blinking piece + border animation when triggering special attack

In Battle 4P:
- showing "push A+B" animation when a special attack is available

Hi guys.

A new version of Neotris will available soon for free download.
Let me know, I'll download it and play it on my Tuesday stream.
I am a humongous fan of this Tetris.
Thank you for the update, look forward to it!

any details on the multitap yet?
First I need time to fully beta-test the 4P mode. I hope that ca be done in coming weeks.

Then I will release a new ROM and the PCB design for the multitap if anyone want to make one. We can expect that in october.

Reactions: nem
Back