What's new

tengugurl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am looking for any information on how one could hookup an RGB SCART modded console (E.g RGB SCART modded Famicom) to an arcade monitor via a JAMMA fingerboard or CGA interface (E.g RGB, GND and CSYNC from monitor on an 8 pin Din to Console SCART)

I have read a lot about Tim Worthingtons SCART to jamma V2 board (Impossible to find) and a few other impossible to find solutions from 2007 forum posts whether it be a Vieltim or Jammaizer. .... Long story short, they got bought up haha

I have also seen on old posts that say "use an lm1881sync stripper on the Csync line and make sure the console is RGB modded or natively using RGB (E.g MD/Genesis) and you'll be golden. Two posts later "it's not a golden standard, each console behaves differently and you will experience flickering/ incompatibility due to power draw issues etc...

;(
I just want to play PC engine or any of my other RGB modded consoles on my Jamma cab instead of my PVM or RGB SCART modded CRT......

So without having to time travel back to 2008 to buy all these adapters (someone beat me to it it seems) how does one simply interface an RGB modded console with a standard arcade Monitor?

Per this minute perhaps, but a lower bar than time travel for sure...

Wait patiently and get the JAMMAizer! It’s worth the wait due to its simple ease of use and how integrated it is, not to mention the outstanding picture quality and other functions.

Tim Worthington is about to release SCART2ARC30 which you can read about on his site: http://etim.net.au

I have SCART2ARC v2.0 which is fantastic due to the fact it came with the PSX port daughter board which opened up the doors to adapters for other consoles.

Unfortunately his new device looks like it’s going to be a mess of wires to get it functional in a cab, something the JAMMAizer! addresses with its ability to mount existing controller adapter boards directly onto it.

I’m unsure why Tim abandoned his Redgun project, it was ambitious but at the same time promising and cleaner.

Oh, there’s also the Jamma-Con device which you can read about here: http://retrotechr.blogspot.com/?m=1 — I have heard great things about them and they’re somewhat readily available by contacting the creator to see what’s on hand. You get the main board and just pick daughter boards for the consoles you want to use and it hands the controls. Nice and modular.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you take the SCART output and feed an OSSC you can output HDMI/DVI to a VLX monitor and 3.5mm stereo jack to the VLX audio amp.
ossc-16-tease.jpg

Then you only need to worry about controls...
One of these (will replace the native VLX IO) with two Brooks Retro/Mc Cthulhu's should do it. :)
Vewlix-Console-IO-V2.jpg

RYU_FRONT_FN.png

Back when I did it that handy PCB didn't exist, so I used classic Mc Cthulhu's directly wired into the panel.
P2N7KPN.jpg

Bonus it will work with ALL your RGB modded consoles! :D
534DFPE.jpg

9eTuTY4.jpg

6yT5D0M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back