What's new

Report2Marty

Student
Reaction score
Greetings!

I’m attempting a monitor swap for my Neo Geo big red. I have an rca tube A63ADT10X05, which is indicated as being a great match for a WG 25” K7000 chassis, which I have hooked up. I hooked up everything and all I’m getting is what is in the picture below, a small blob consisting of red green and blue. Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you in advance for all your help and advice. I feel I may have gotten in a little too deep here with this project. I’ve been having great fun learning how to rebuild monitors for the broken arcades I’ve bought, but this has been a more challenging learning experience.

Attachments

• E55E8E96-0639-47CC-AC5F-12C8944BB5F4.jpeg
    E55E8E96-0639-47CC-AC5F-12C8944BB5F4.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 259EF4F9-9BEA-469F-BB0C-30E4B7346E83.jpeg
    259EF4F9-9BEA-469F-BB0C-30E4B7346E83.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 195
I haven't seen that before, but my guess is you've made a mistake on wiring the yoke. What have you done exactly?

Took the yellow and brown vertical wires from the monitor and spliced them to the green and yellow wires connected to the molex for the K7000, same with the red and blue horizontal. I keep reading a lot of different values for the yoke resistances though. This monitors giving me 5.5 ohms vertical and 1.5 ohms horizontal.

What values do you get for the original monitor?

Was it working before the swap?

I always swap over the original yoke when possible. You have to go through the color purity and convergence procedure, when doing so, but the end result is usually better, geometry-wise.

Remember that the chassis was designed to work with the yoke on the tube. Using a different yoke can cause subtle (or not too subtle) issues.

But I understand that a lot of people struggle with purity and convergence adjustments. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Took the yellow and brown vertical wires from the monitor and spliced them to the green and yellow wires connected to the molex for the K7000, same with the red and blue horizontal. I keep reading a lot of different values for the yoke resistances though. This monitors giving me 5.5 ohms vertical and 1.5 ohms horizontal.
5.5 ohms is probably too low, but I'm not sure it would cause the issue you are seeing.

Last edited:
Vertical shouldn't matter that much. I don't know, I still think you have something wrong with your yoke wiring.

Was the TV working before you gutted it?

LOL! You were totally right! LOL. My damn splices were bad..... Thank you for your help!! Now I just need to figure out how to adjust the horizontal. It appears to be too big and is getting squeezed on the right side.

https://imgur.com/a/yWnh4py
yWnh4py

Reactions: nem
Back