What's new

Invader

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi my name is Mathias

Since I'm new here I shortly like to introduce myself. When I was 6 years old in 1983 I received my first computer, an IBM PC XT with 4 color CGA, yeay (My father was working for IBM) where I developed my love for computer games. One of the first games I remember playing is space invaders. During my childhood I had many pc's and consoles, with my first playstation I started to modify the systems by soldering in mod chips ; ) After being distracted now almost 2 decades with studies and jobs I rediscovered my love for old computer games a couple of years ago. I re-obtained almost all consoles from my childhood (and many more I never had as a child) equipped them with everdrives, soft or hard mods coupled with a couple of great CRT's. Over my beloved neo geo I started to discover (embarrassingly ~1 year ago) that the best 2d pixel games are actually on arcade boards and started to collect arcade pcb's and connect them over my supergun to my CRT. So far I have a darksoft modded CPS2, Taito F3 and a Sega STV, and several un-modded pcb's. I just obtained a eprom programmer to get more into the material :)

It is actually great to see how vivid and alive the arcade scene is here in this board :thumbsup:

Welcome! Whats your favorite game/pcb?

That reminds me, I also need to get an aprom programmer, am dying to try out the PGM Cave games.

Hi Frank_fjs and RHvdW

Thank you for the welcome.

What me favorite game/pcb is, is a really difficult question and I would have to put more thought into it before I could give you an answer. I collected so far 1000+ original games for all kind of different systems (mainly for consoles, and I tried to focus only on the games I really like) and I do love all my games ;)

Currently I'm trying to get better on my X-multiply on my IREM m72, it is a great game but definitely not my favorite of all time (I mainly bought it to have a donor board for the M72 multi). In the last week I completed golden axe on the S16b at least 10 times, it is actually quite surprising (after a couple of decades ago when I played this the last time) how all the moves are still in muscle memory :D

My favorite game is probably a jrpg from the snes area, closely followed by some shooters/shmups (I do love the whole metal slug series on my neo geo)

By the way I just recently bought a IGS PGM 1, exactly to play the 3 available cave conversions. But so far I was hesitant to order the cave conversions over aliexpress

Do have a good tip where to buy PGM cave conversions or are you planning to do the conversion by your self? Do you have a favorite game/pcb?

Welcome & Grüezi! :thumbup:

From where exactly are you in Switzerland?
I have a DDP DOJ Conversion for sale if your interested pm me!

What me favorite game/pcb is, is a really difficult question and I would have to put more thought into it before I could give you an answer. I collected so far 1000+ original games for all kind of different systems (mainly for consoles, and I tried to focus only on the games I really like) and I do love all my games ;)

Currently I'm trying to get better on my X-multiply on my IREM m72, it is a great game but definitely not my favorite of all time (I mainly bought it to have a donor board for the M72 multi). In the last week I completed golden axe on the S16b at least 10 times, it is actually quite surprising (after a couple of decades ago when I played this the last time) how all the moves are still in muscle memory :D

My favorite game is probably a jrpg from the snes area, closely followed by some shooters/shmups (I do love the whole metal slug series on my neo geo)

By the way I just recently bought a IGS PGM 1, exactly to play the 3 available cave conversions. But so far I was hesitant to order the cave conversions over aliexpress

Do have a good tip where to buy PGM cave conversions or are you planning to do the conversion by your self? Do you have a favorite game/pcb?
Nice a real collector. I do love my Metal Slug (in every form) but also can't decide on my 'favorite'. It depends on the mood I guess.

For PGM I was debating going this route: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/pgm-single-game-pcb-interest-check.9373/

So technically not a conversion but with the same goal. I'm hesitant to fork over $140 for some possibly inferior version.

Welcome & Grüezi! :thumbup:

From where exactly are you in Switzerland?
I have a DDP DOJ Conversion for sale if your interested pm me!
Hi mastercello

Good to see that here are also people from Switzerland :) I'm living in Zürich, where are you from?

I think I saw your posting on the Dodonpachi DaiOuJou convertion on ricardo.ch a couple of weeks ago, but I did pass on it since it was a bundle with the PGM board which I have already. I'll send you a PM in case you like to sell just the DDP DOJ.

Nice a real collector. I do love my Metal Slug (in every form) but also can't decide on my 'favorite'. It depends on the mood I guess.
For PGM I was debating going this route: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/pgm-single-game-pcb-interest-check.9373/

So technically not a conversion but with the same goal. I'm hesitant to fork over $140 for some possibly inferior version.
Same here, if I have an hour to shut down after work it's definitely a shmup or a shooter, but if I can find some more time than I rather drawn to jrpg's.

The link looks cool and it would definitely be great to build it from scratch. I have some (basic) soldering experience but I did realize that unfortunately my hands are not steady enough for this work. I can do some modifications, but this board has way to many soldering points... But maybe I should give it a try again :)

I did read several articles about sketchy PGM cave conversion which didn't boot or had artifacts... Keep me updated in case you start your cave project :)

Back