What's new

zipp

Beginner
Reaction score
I picked up a Tekken 5 cab with basically everything broken in it. The chassis was toast and I ended up picking up a "nos" one off of ebay, threw it in and this is what I got. Where should I start with this? Which adjustments? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's a sync issue. However, there's no way to adjust sync manually on the 29e31s, so that's not it.

Did you connect the ground wire to the neck board when installing the new chassis?

How are the dip switches set on the motherboard? They should be set as follows: dip 1 OFF, dip 2-4 ON.

Do you have an LCD with a VGA input? Connect that to the motherboard. See what happens.

Ground is good, tried various dip setting and it didn't make any difference at all. I need to try to put it in lcd but will need a converter since the LCD is 60hz. Gonna try to get a converter just in case I may have to go lcd on this cab :/ also I'm using Namco system 256 time crisis 4

I need to try to put it in lcd but will need a converter since the LCD is 60hz.
You don't need a converter. If your LCD monitor has a VGA input, just plug it in and make sure your motherboard dips 2-4 are set to ON.

If it doesn't work, you could have a bad VGA cable or your motherboard is busted.

thereis a horizontal hold pot on the es31 chassis, only has to be a fraction off to cause your issue

Reactions: nem
thereis a horizontal hold pot on the es31 chassis, only has to be a fraction off to cause your issue
Haha, oh wow, I've never noticed that! It's between the 3-pin and 4-pin connectors, on the same side as the geometry adjustments. Mine is absolutely covered in glue.

Back