What's new
If you plan on releasing the Gerber files I'd be inclined to order PCBs myself and build it myself.

Hmm yea, if you intend to release the files I can build it myself as well. If you go that route you could always set up a donation paypal or whatnot. :)

fine price for a usa buyer. Shipping just the components from digikey would cost me $9 in shipping alone!

If you plan on releasing the Gerber files I'd be inclined to order PCBs myself and build it myself.
Frank - PM me your address. I'll send you one free of charge to test out and give feedback. In the mean time. I have to tweak the through-hole slots for the RCA jacks and then I'll get the files posted somewhere.

Frank - PM me your address. I'll send you one free of charge to test out and give feedback. In the mean time. I have to tweak the through-hole slots for the RCA jacks and then I'll get the files posted somewhere.
Stand up guy right here.
:thumbsup:

I'm very interested but I'm not sure if it'll fit on a ST-V PCB with the Lions3 case installed. ?(

I'm very interested but I'm not sure if it'll fit on a ST-V PCB with the Lions3 case installed. ?(
Are there standoffs under the PCB between the case? How long at they? If the standoffs are as long as a standard PCB foot then you're good. If not, send me the measurements and I'll let you know.

Edit: I took a quick look at some pics, looks like the standoffs are really short and I can't tell if they are true standoffs or sleeves for screws. I need more details, but one option is to replace the existing standoffs with slight longer ones.

Are there standoffs under the PCB between the case? How long at they? If the standoffs are as long as a standard PCB foot then you're good. If not, send me the measurements and I'll let you know.
Edit: I took a quick look at some pics, looks like the standoffs are really short and I can't tell if they are true standoffs or sleeves for screws. I need more details, but one option is to replace the existing standoffs with slight longer ones.
The standoffs are 3D printed. The bottom one you could say is a sleeve I guess? A screw goes through it and screws into the longer standoff on top.

Measuring one it seems to be extremely close to half-an-inch. I'd think is likely not enough of clearance for the stereo PCB? It'd be cutting it extremely close if it was. Could perhaps create slightly more space by using a washer between the standoff and the PCB.

Very nice, I have something similar that I made up for an STV years ago.spotted it last week in my spares box .. not as good looking as yours though.

Well done.

Sorry, I lost some motivation the last few days. I had to put my dog down... I should be able to build some boards this week and respond to those who were interested in purchasing one.

I had started working on another design for this that would incorporate a CPS2 kick harness. I'm hoping this can drop in without screws to where the original IO board is. I think this would also solve the issue for people with a case.

The board would mount on the CN21 and CN25 headers and have a wire harness running to CN24 for audio. I'm having a hard time finding the JST HVQ connectors needed to make this work so I've ordered a few different parts that I think have a potential to work. If someone knows a through hole socket that can fit the NH headers please let me know.

Here is the drawing and paper mock-up. Let me know your thoughts.

49910912121_0f3a4ae858_z.jpg

49911232032_d4aaf3ed8e_z.jpg

Sorry, I lost some motivation the last few days. I had to put my dog down...
You have my sympathy. I've gone through that a couple times. It is tough.

I had started working on another design for this that would incorporate a CPS2 kick harness. I'm hoping this can drop in without screws to where the original IO board is. I think this would also solve the issue for people with a case.

The board would mount on the CN21 and CN25 headers and have a wire harness running to CN24 for audio.
My Titan ST-V already has a daughter board that attaches right where your new design goes.

sega st-v daughter board.jpg

Yeah, it might not even work, just an idea. I’m not sure what Functionality the original daughter board adds.

Sorry, I lost some motivation the last few days. I had to put my dog down... I should be able to build some boards this week and respond to those who were interested in purchasing one.
My condolences just remember that we can always wait until you feel you are able to make these boards. No need to rush the process. I do like the design of your board tho :)

On the daughterboard, however, CN21 is where you would connect your kick harness. I had someone make me a stv to cps2 kick harness adapter for it to work because its not your typical (i forget if its HST or jst) but molex adapter.

Here is what the CN pin/pinouts do. This is info found in the st-v manual

CN22 midi out(JST NH 3P)
cn27 light gun trigger(JST NH 3P)
cn24 audio line output(JST NH 4P)
cn25 reserved output 4bitJST NH 5P)
cn19 a/d input 8ch(JST NH 12P)
cn32 extension i/o 8bitJST NH 9P)
cn18 serial communication(JST NH 6P)
CN21 extension i/o 8bit(JST NH 11P)
cn20 extension input 8bit(JST NH 10P)

I have 8 assembled units ready to ship. I will be sending replies to everyone who PM'd me shortly. I've replied to all PMs.

$16.50 shipped in USA for fully assembled
$14 + shipping outside USA for fully assembled

When I get more boards ordered I'll offer blanks. I may be able to ship blanks in regular letter envelopes. Frank will confirm if he receives the board I sent out today this way.

Last edited:
Back