What's new
paid for both version! looking forward to hooking them on my ST-V mobo.

Can I please get on the wait list for audio and kick board.
Thank you

I'm looking for a Taito F3 board if anyone is selling one (WTB: Taito F3). I'm going to try to do something similar for the F3 after a few requests. If there are other boards you think this would also work on let me know.

Do note that the F3 outputs amplified audio from the aux connector, so you'll have to do attenuation on your board or tap the motherboard for line level audio. Otherwise a set of RCA connectors can be somewhat misleading.

Do note that the F3 outputs amplified audio from the aux connector, so you'll have to do attenuation on your board or tap the motherboard for line level audio. Otherwise a set of RCA connectors can be somewhat misleading.
True, no promises! Just an idea. Still want an F3 regardless...

I had one member with the STV IO board have alignment issues with CN25. It seems there is a revision of the STV that slightly shifted the CN25.

Please send me a PM when you receive your IO board and let me know how the fit is. It should be a simple change to the board design, but I'll work out a solution for those with issues.

Edit: At first glance it appears boards with the stock IO board installed have slightly different measurements. This is probably why I didn't catch the difference. If someone knows more about the revisions let me know. Pics below. I'll probably redesign the IO board to accommodate both layouts once I get some accurate measurements. Anyone near CT with the incompatible layout? For those that have the incompatible layout, it should still work if you're careful, I'll provide replacements once I have them printed.

Compatible layout:
compatible.PNG

Incompatible layout:
not-compatible.PNG

Last edited:
Got my board today and checked against both of my STV mobos. Both have the factory IO boards and both match the incompatible layout exactly. It's close, but looks like it will be a pin or two off on CN25 if I use CN21 as the main point.

If there's anything I can capture off of my mobo to help you, just let me know.

Got my board today and checked against both of my STV mobos. Both have the factory IO boards and both match the incompatible layout exactly. It's close, but looks like it will be a pin or two off on CN25 if I use CN21 as the main point.

If there's anything I can capture off of my mobo to help you, just let me know.
I appreciate the offer! I will let you know. I should have an STV board with the factory IO coming in the next week or so. Once I have the board it should be pretty quick to resolve.

My priority is getting new boards to anyone who has this variant and confirm the fit ASAP.

After this we just need someone to come up with an awesome metal case for the st-v with LCD support

I think this is twice the price as Lions3 case but has an LCD mount. Acrylic and not metal too. Not sure if there are any issues with clearance after adding the Everten pcb though.

https://www.highflow.nl/behuizingen/sega-st-v-acrylic-case.html
I don’t think there will be clearance issues. I don’t have an IO board for myself at the moment, but I’m almost positive it’s shorter than the audio heat sink. So as long as the case clears the heat sink it should be fine

I’m almost positive it’s shorter than the audio heat sink. So as long as the case clears the heat sink it should be fine
You are right, it is shorter than the heatsink so should be fine.

Also I have that incompatible layout. Sending a PM @everten.

Last edited:
Back