What's new

jermz1

Grand Master
Reaction score
Living overseas majority of life, candies are hard to come by. Got lucky with the few that I have.
So I'm making use of this quarantine to teach myself 3d modeling. Since I'm still stuck in hawaii and havent left to korea. It may be a while till I acquire a 3d printer to work out the kinks to produce and maybe reproduce.
In the meantime, I plan to model a few more cabs assuming I can find artwork and dimensions.
Anyways, hope yall enjoy the samples below, more pics in the album.
https://ibb.co/album/r3hQ8D

Attachments

• segablast city final1.png
    segablast city final1.png
    569.5 KB · Views: 397
  • astro city final3.png
    astro city final3.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_20200423_212730_362.jpg
    IMG_20200423_212730_362.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 479
  • aero city v8.png
    aero city v8.png
    347.7 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
Jermz....this is beautiful work. I hope you have lots of luck with them. I have cabs a plenty, and no bar....so I cant throw $ at this...but I can throw support. Keep up the excellent work!

They look good.
It is a great coincidence that I came across this when working on Bartop Mini Cute :) But i really like it.

3D rendering is not the Production Technical Draw. You should work on it too.

I really dont recommended 3D Printer method. It is not effective yet

Reminds me of this failed kickstarter. The guy did really nice work, but he totally screwed the pooch on the business/production side of things and it pretty much fell apart. He's still slowly churning them out it seems, but I haven't really kept up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285735197/kawaii-cade-japanese-style-bartop-arcade-cabinets
This guy is all over the place. He's really good at making one-offs and really impressive polished protos, but horrible about production and giving realistic status of where he's at. I heard from a lot of folks that got burned from funding him. Once people started calling him out, he would delete their comments.

@jermz1 would love to see what you come up with and will buy at least 1 or 2 or all of them if you produce these!

Reminds me of this failed kickstarter. The guy did really nice work, but he totally screwed the pooch on the business/production side of things and it pretty much fell apart. He's still slowly churning them out it seems, but I haven't really kept up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285735197/kawaii-cade-japanese-style-bartop-arcade-cabinets
I think the mistake he made was trying to sell a monitor with it. If you're just selling a shell that will fit a 4:3 17" or 19" monitor, then that should bring the price down and make it more attractive. As has been said numerous times about the ones you're referencing, you could buy a full sized cab for the same price as he was asking.

These are super cool but last I checked the price was almost as much as a real cab.
So why would you not get the real cab?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant stop thinking about these bartop arcades.

The thing that ruins it for me is the different standard resolutions of the Jamma boards playing on an LCD monitor.

There is no good way to size an image on an LCD monitor.

Maybe instead of making them LCD we could handle the millions of office surplus 15" and 17" VGA CRT monitors lying around the earth.

Transplant ready..

That would be the coolest barcade ever.

I comment this lightly Jermz and am still admiring your 3D designs.

Maybe a Collab effort between @hursit @jermz1 Robert, the one from the Kickstarter campaign =O and maybe these could be made, maybe at a reasonable price. empty shells with arts, people put in the rest.

Back